A thank you thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfman1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I moved to Oklahoma about 18 months ago. While Lawton itself leaves much to be desired, the people of Oklahoma have made me feel welcome big time. Some of the humblest, kindest folks I've met. I've even been called an Okie a couple times.😍

Leaving Virginia was not easy, my mom's side of the family got off the boat east of Richmond in 1640. It's a beautiful state, formerly known as 'The Gun State' (thats another story). When a liberal governor tried to ban AR's 100 out of 106 counties declared themselves second 'amendment sanctuary counties'. The sheriff of Culpepper County said he would deputize every man in the county. Blue Ridge mountains, Atlantic Ocean beaches, my alma mater, The University of Virginia, declared by the American Association or Architects as the #1 example of original American architecture. My town, Charlottesville, was called the most beautiful small college town n America. Sadly the liberals swarmed south and last election C'ville voted 95% blue. 95 ****ing percent. I saw the writing on the wall, and tough as it was got out before it all hits the fan.

It wasnt easy, and I'm looking to relocate from Lawton, but as nice as Virginia is,

I'd SOONER be in Oklahoma.

I dont know if we have a saying like Hookem Horns (They be ok as long as they stay south of the Red) but lets win us a national championship this year.

Thanks Oklahoma.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have traveled through work to all but four states after I checked West Virginia off the list late last year. There are a lot of great places in the country and each state has its nice parts. Yet, it is always great to get back home.

Welcome to your new home.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I moved to Oklahoma about 18 months ago. While Lawton itself leaves much to be desired, the people of Oklahoma have made me feel welcome big time. Some of the humblest, kindest folks I've met. I've even been called an Okie a couple times.😍

Leaving Virginia was not easy, my mom's side of the family got off the boat east of Richmond in 1640. It's a beautiful state, formerly known as 'The Gun State' (thats another story). When a liberal governor tried to ban AR's 100 out of 106 counties declared themselves second 'amendment sanctuary counties'. The sheriff of Culpepper County said he would deputize every man in the county. Blue Ridge mountains, Atlantic Ocean beaches, my alma mater, The University of Virginia, declared by the American Association or Architects as the #1 example of original American architecture. My town, Charlottesville, was called the most beautiful small college town n America. Sadly the liberals swarmed south and last election C'ville voted 95% blue. 95 ****ing percent. I saw the writing on the wall, and tough as it was got out before it all hits the fan.

It wasnt easy, and I'm looking to relocate from Lawton, but as nice as Virginia is,

I'd SOONER be in Oklahoma.

I dont know if we have a saying like Hookem Horns (They be ok as long as they stay south of the Red) but lets win us a national championship this year.

Thanks Oklahoma.

Glad to have ya.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had relatives in the Shenandoah Valley, and my sister went to UVA for six years a while back. Last time I visited, I was amazed how much development has occurred and how liberal some areas had gotten. Both bad.

wolfman1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome back. Ever consider that the vote was rigged? 95% is VERY unlikely. Even DC is doubtful to me.
It's scary blue. the county that surrounds the town went about 80% blue. Like Norman on meth and steroids. A short tale.

First they elected a black city councilman who initiated the whole 'Tear down the statue' thing and they had the first of the riots riot in the home of Jefferson, Madison, and Monroe. I was there, I saw communist openly pushing their garbage. Once he'd done his dirt, he split.

To stay politically correct they hired a black, female, mayor. She hated everything white and made no bones about it. Finally wrote and published a filthy poem about the town. I dont remember it all but one line went "Charlottesville sleeps on cum stained sheets." They finally fired her and she sued them for a million bucks for racial discrimination.

So they hired a black female chief of police, that every cop I talked to hated. She's the onw who went to congress in DC andsaid anything that could be used a s a weapon should be banned. No more hammers or forks, I reckon. finally after enough complaints from her employees, they fired her. She sued them for a million. Want to guess why.

I left shortly after so dont know further shenanigans.

The downtown mall, the one the Boulder Mall was modeled on, is now full of tents and ****.

I got to stop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom