About to do some coyote night hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Neighbor sent me a message, said to come get his spare nightvision scope, put it on a rifle and get ready because they're about to start moving a bunch.
Well, seems he upgraded his Xsight 4k to a thermal so I get to borrow the NV for a while.
Has some monster upgraded IR light on it.
I just tossed it on my 5.55 RAR, this thing got heavy in a hurry.
I've not zeroed it yet but it's minute of 6" steel plate right off the bat so should be a quick zero. Hopefully get to post some success stories soon.

20221218_205029.jpg

Bahick71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice we rub 2 atn scopes, one.black and gray scale, the. Other is a Thor true thermal.
Once you get out there in the dark and shoot some yotes, it gets pretty addictive. Hope
You have good success

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Played with the scope some more last night, getting a bit more comfortable with it. Spotted a decent buck, a doe, a farm cat and the eyeballs of something else in the brush that wouldn't move. I was just taking quick trips to the back fence with no gloves, so the -2 windchill prevented me for staying out very long trying to get the hidden critter to move.
We might be able to go out for Coyote tonight so we'll see.
He uses a 5.56 Christensen AR with a Burris BT50 thermal.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did they legalize Yote hunting with the use of NV/thermal yet in OK? I know that I posted on the OK Hunting forum that it was on the bill for legal means of taking...but at the last moment was removed from the bill that Stitt signed. I know you can get written permission from the warden on a case by case basis...I just haven't crossed anybody who has done that yet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom