Advice for Wanenmachers and what to expect?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnson184

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep meaning to, but I still have not gone to the Tulsa Wanenmacher Gun Show all these years. I'm planning on finally doing it in April.
How are the prices? I'm sure they've been inflated the past 8 years but with Trump being president, I'm feeling hopeful! You hear stories about people finding rare deals, but I kinda doubt they ever happen at Wanenmacher since all the dealers do their homework.
Do you guys think I'd have any luck finding rare guns like the S&W Triple Lock, S&W Registered Magnum, Korth Sport, or even a Mateba 6 Unica? Otherwise, I'll probably be keeping an eye out for WW2 guns and other pre-lock S&W revolvers.

Oh and what's this about a $75 3 day pass for "phantom vendors"?

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of haters for the show but just like any show there's good and bad vendors. I've been once and bought one gun (Browning Superposed...cheaper than anywhere else I'd found one)...last several shows I've been out of town or I'd be going.

You'll have more of a chance of finding older neat stuff here than the typical show for sure...and alot less "black gun" stuff there.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do a search of the forum; there have been a couple of recent discussions about the big show. As for prices, ha. Vendors tend to jack up prices in response to a scare, but are averse to lowering them when things are calm.

Look for the best deals being walked into the show.

Johnson184

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do a search of the forum; there have been a couple of recent discussions about the big show. As for prices, ha. Vendors tend to jack up prices in response to a scare, but are averse to lowering them when things are calm.

Look for the best deals being walked into the show.

Best deals being walked into the store? Like other people bring their own personal guns to sell while walking around?? How do they even advertise what they're selling?

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If you're taking little ones, I highly recommend making a gunshow bingo game. Personally, i make them about people (camo family, mall ninja, baby stroller full of guns), but you can use firearms too. It's fun for the whole family.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love the "big show", and look forward to it every time. Sometimes I walk away with not much, but I've also walked out with some great deals. And those dealers don't always know what they have. I've had some steals in the past, as well as a few of my friends.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You'll drive all the way up there to hear a bunch of B.S. stories about what the best gun to have in a firefight is and their first hand accounts of when they've been there, reasons why x is better than y, how nobody will beat this price, and you'll also get run into by fat guys in hover rounds and get to smell farts all day long.
It'll be super fun. Enjoy.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Always worth going to, deals can be found, you will see guns there you never see anywhere else, wear good shoes, be prepared for crowds, spend all day both days, bring something along to make notes on the location of whatever you like, and take lots of money.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really like the big show. Don't always make it and didn't go on the days when panic had set in. The "best" deals do seem to be those that are carried in. But, a couple of my best finds were completely unexpected and on dealers tables. Guns that many aren't that interested in and I didn't know I was until I found them. I look forward to browsing all the antiques and unique that I will never buy.

I would expect to find a few deals in April, depending on what you're looking for. Many dealers gambled on the election and lost and will have to unload some inventory.

Latest posts

Top Bottom