After the incident, which gun would you rather explain you used? Why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which gun would you rather explain you used when explaining your actions to the police or in court?

• Total voters

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
RMR optic for me. I have shot both ways. the optic is easy for me to get and hold on target. Both eyes open with iron sites I can’t do. RMR optic both eyes open to easy.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Question 1. Which gun would you rather explain you used when explaining your actions to the police or in court?
A.

View attachment 434303

B.

View attachment 434304

Question 2. Why?

I am not interested in whether or not you would use a Glock. I'm only interested in the type of gun. A heavily modified gun or a factory stock gun.
Factory as it may go into police storage for quite a while while things clear up. I'd rather they take my $600 G19 over my $1200 G19.

Also, do people walk around all day with a G19 and weapon light, Reddot and compensator concealed all day or is that just a range toy?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Factory as it may go into police storage for quite a while while things clear up. I'd rather they take my $600 G19 over my $1200 G19.

Also, do people walk around all day with a G19 and weapon light, Reddot and compensator concealed all day or is that just a range toy?
Some people walk around with an AR.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was talking to a Tulsa cop at one of our kids games. He said the more modified a gun is the more it can be presented in court that you were trying to make it more deadly if you ever had to use it for self defense. That’s why I voted none stock
They taught that concept to us when I went through CLEET basic police academy in 1979. All the handguns I own that I carry for self defense are unmodified. No extra whistles or bells.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was talking to a Tulsa cop at one of our kids games. He said the more modified a gun is the more it can be presented in court that you were trying to make it more deadly if you ever had to use it for self defense. That’s why I voted none stock
That is precisely why I started this thread. I maintain the concealed carry gun should be as it was from the factory.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
They taught that concept to us when I went through CLEET basic police academy in 1979. All the handguns I own that I carry for self defense are unmodified. No extra whistles or bells.
Usage of a weapon light almost requires you to muzzle someone to use the light, therefore it would be an aggravated assault.

yotemarvin

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

Legally they cannot confiscate your weapon unless you are charged with a crime.
Local sheriff has done had this conversation with OSBI and informed them of this fact.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn’t own a pistol with an optical sight, an attached light, or vented barrel; but because I’m physically impaired (physical injuries and rheumatoid arthritis since age 23 with fused wrists, fused right elbow at 90 degrees, limited range of motion in the fingers of my right hand with the worst being my right trigger finger which forces me to use my middle finger to operate a trigger) requiring me to replace and/or modify the trigger groups on Glock pistols to 4 pounds pull. Therefore, my answer is: if circumstances forced me to use a weapon for self defense, I would be using a system modified sufficiently to enable me to use it safely and effectively.to eliminate the immediate threat. I was also advised in CLEET around 1985 not to carry a duty weapon modified ouside service speciations. At that time I carried a Colt Series 70 Combat Commander with the trigger and sere tuned to 4 pound pull and the extractor replaced (after breaking on the police range) by an OHP Armorer. The 1911 is my preferred handgun, but I cannot criticize Glock weapons as they are reliable under the most severe conditions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom