• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Ak 47 underfolder wood stock.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
85   0   1
I know next to nothing about this kind of stuff, so I need your help and input. I have a higher end AK 47, it has a thumbhole stock on it. I would like to put a underfolder stock on it, not some piece of junk. So I am looking to buy a AK 47 underfolder wood stock. Thanks.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Is your receiver one that was originally designed for an underfolder stock? If not, it's going to take more work than just a simple stock swap. You might post a pic of the rear portion of your receiver, as well as an example of the type of stock you're looking for, as I don't understand what you mean by an "underfolder wood stock".

Sted-E Ed-E

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Are you wanting a wooden stock OR an underfolder? Like stated above an ak underfolder requires a special rear trunnion and mods to the receiver. If it’s a thumbhole it’s most likely a standard trunnion. Another thing to consider is if the receiver is "straight cut" or "slant cut".

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Borrowed from the web, this is what a factory underfolder reciever looks like, with the ban-era thumbhole stock.

Attachments

• 39871D48-FA5D-4B3D-B9D3-F8AC1317364A.jpeg
    39871D48-FA5D-4B3D-B9D3-F8AC1317364A.jpeg
    843.2 KB · Views: 0

Fade2blue

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I don't think you could make the underfolding side arms out of wood that would fit and function without cracking. You might be able to make some wood covers for the metal ones.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
85   0   1
As you can tell for my post my lack of knowledge. It is an Arsenal With a milled receiver and synthetic thumbhole stock. What I meant by wooden underfolder, I guess is the wooden forearm and wooden grip. After reading some of the posts I don't know if an underfolder will work, But I will get back with you on that.

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 97.4%
75   2   0
Be cautious when buying wood furniture like the buttstocks, upper and lower handguards also. Milled furniture is different than stamped AK furniture. Well and Yugoslavian AK's are different in size also. But sounds like you need milled AK furniture.

Sted-E Ed-E

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Arsenal SLR95
I got a sawsall Jimmy! I’ll get rid of that pesky thumbhole for ya!

Lol kidding aside looks like you need milled ak furniture. There are options, but unfortunately an underfolder isn’t really one of them. Also since that gun has the thumbhole stock it may be missing one of the tangs needed to properly install a standard buttstock.

Latest posts

Top Bottom