AK Talk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Let's talk AK's here! Resources, BS, tips and tricks, experiences, ammo, accessories, etc!!!

Are you a part of the AK Operators Union YouTube channel? Join it! Rob Ski knows his stuff and is super likable.

I'm currently trying to get caught up on the American AK scene. Also wanting to take some kick ass AK course... I don't even know what, but I want to learn more about this gun and become super proficient with it.

I own a Lancaster (bought it in their early days and it's been great). I heard about some of the problems the company had later on but mine has been great. I'm pursuing another AK as I type this but it looks like the DDI and Definitive Arms are sold out. Oh well, I can wait. But I will outfit it with a siderail and probably put some kick ass scope/red dot on it.

Still seems like ammo is a great value for this gun... So, that's a super good benefit as well.

I'll look for pics... Or just take MOAR and post them here!

Love the AK? Tell us about it and share your experiences here.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive owned a bunch of them, I kept my milled Bulgarian sam7r and hungarian underfolder. The norinco mak-90 will forever hold a special place in my heart since one was my first. Love the 7.62x39 cartridge for what it is and the $/rd. Beautiful guns, rugged, reliable, all that stuff. Don't care for the selector switch or rock in magazines.

mike sweeney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The AK was my first love and I always get a kick out of shooting them but since the AWB expired in 2004 the newer designs have stolen the AK's thunder for me(Even though most of them are based on the AK). I still have my Chinese collection with some still new in box and several Arsenal rifles. What I like about the Arsenal rifles is the side rail so optics can be mounted. I like using red dots on them and the side rail offers me that option.

My newest AK variant is a Sig 556R Swat model in 762X39 and full length railed forearm. Right now I have Burris 332 Prism sight on it. Cant explain it but I just like it the more than my older AK's.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On the American made AK's, have the cast trunions proven to hold up?
I believe I heard of 1 that cracked but that doesn't really prove that they aren't as strong.

Last edited:

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I like about the Arsenal rifles is the side rail so optics can be mounted. I like using red dots on them and the side rail offers me that option.

I picked up an Arsenal AK-74 recently, and with a RDS mounted on it, the rifle is a pleasure to shoot. Pretty accurate for an AK, too.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The AK was my first love and I always get a kick out of shooting them but since the AWB expired in 2004 the newer designs have stolen the AK's thunder for me(Even though most of them are based on the AK). I still have my Chinese collection with some still new in box and several Arsenal rifles. What I like about the Arsenal rifles is the side rail so optics can be mounted. I like using red dots on them and the side rail offers me that option.

My newest AK variant is a Sig 556R Swat model in 762X39 and full length railed forearm. Right now I have Burris 332 Prism sight on it. Cant explain it but I just like it the more than my older AK's.

There are a few options for side mounts for scopes... One guy over on the AK Files just released his own version for $75. Just uses two bolts and it looks pretty nice. Most of the AK's I've seen on Atlantic Firearms come with a side mount already so most can be outfitted with a scope setup once you decide on the mount. I personally would mount a red dot as well. They're perfect for 300 meters and under.

Latest posts

Top Bottom