Alaskan Teacher Killed by Wolves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is is sad that this lady was killed, but I would sure hate to see people kill all the wolves. I have raised two of them over the years. There is no other animal like them. I had to lie to the people who would see them and ask if they were wolves because I new they would flip out. To me it is just like any animal. When you go into its home, you need to be ready. Just like when someone in the ocean gets bit by a shark and everyone on tv is asking why did the shark attack. "They were in the ocean." I go hiking every year in the mountains. We seen a huge bear this year. We were all prepared and new how to act. Getting to see the bear out there was great. I was on his turf. If he would have attacked me and killed me, I would have been as much to blame as him. I would pray that people would not want to kill all the bears.
If it was a loner that came into town then he would have to be put down, but not all of them.
If they want to put down all the things that kill people. They could start with the drivers on their cell phones......lol

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know what you are saying Biggsly. I don't want all the wolves killed but I do think there was a reason that they had been hunted out in so many areas and we are learning why now. They have their place but as long as we are trying to keep huntable noumbers of moose, caribou, elk, etc...the wolves need to be controlled.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I went and watched my little aforementioned video. It sucked. I thought it would be more about the lives of wolves... habits and what not. it was about how we killed them all and now a small group of native americans are pioneering their reintroduction and are saints for doing so. My favorite part was where it said, "a small group of 'enlightened' naturalists cannot protect them alone. They must change public opinion." or something like that. Blah blah blah.
In other words, we the average joe aren't cool enough to be enlightened. We can't be "enlightened" until we agree with the minority viewpoint they are pushing.

Muleman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is a very sad story, but it should indeed be a lesson in preparation and awareness. Even though she was probably listening to her ipod as she ran she would possibly have saved herself by being armed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom