Alex Pro AR10 243 to 308

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jduff8505

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening,

I have an Alex Pro AR10 in 243. I thought it was what I wanted since at the time of purchase I didn’t have any 308 weapons or brass. Fast forward to now, and I am 308 rich, and would like to convert this gun to 308 as well. I know a barrel change is all that it needs, but I’ve read and heard through rumor that I need to stay with the manufacturer of the lower and upper when doing this. I would like to hear your thoughts on this, and maybe recommendations if this isn’t true. It is currently a 24” heavy fluted stainless 243 barrel and I’d like to have the same profile in 308.

Jeff

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can swap any barrel onto it. When swapping uppers specifically onto an AR10, you do have to be mindful of what pattern rifle you have. There isnt a standard like AR15's. There is DPMS pattern and Armalite pattern. Cant swap uppers between the two, so the recommendation is to stick to same mfr so you end up with same pattern. Some of the upper parts may not fit as well. Here is an article showing the differences. Easiest thing to do is buy the upper you want from Alex Pro but those are expensive as hell from the looks of it. Cheapest would be buy a barrel but Alex doesnt have .308 barrels of any length/profile in stock. Ballistic Advantage would be my choice, but only have 20in barrels in .308. Hard to tell from the pics on Alex Pro's website, but it appears to be DPMS pattern.

Latest posts

Top Bottom