All fog up!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donokc

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went hunting monday morning, the weather was just cool and dam but my scope and binocular were all fog up so bad that i have to wipe it every minute. the housing of the scope also sweating like crazy. does anyone have a special recipe for the fogging problem? i put the antifog on the scope before the season start but it is still not helping. Any suggestion?

tslabaugh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to have that problem, cause I would exhale as I was getting on the gun to look through the scope. Recently mine only does it when I wear a face mask/balaclava where my breath is pushed up and out towards the scope. I usually have to pull it down to expose my nose so my breath doesn't shoot up like that.

whiskeysnoot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure what brand of scope you have, but a quality gas filled scope should not fog.

Nitrogen filled optics only prevents interior fogging. External surfaces are still subject to fogging. If an anti fog solution is used on exterior it should be applied frequently. Don't expect it to last throughout the season.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have to have the optics at enviroment temperature to prevent fogging
You can wrap them in plastic and put in a couple of desiccant packs next to it if you are worried about moisture.
I sell the clay type of decissant packs so they can be recharged faster and easier than the silicon ones and they last longer but either would be fine, just depends what you can get locally
or use 8 or 10 of the little ones that come in the electronics you buy.

orangeRcode

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went out that morning too. Couldn't see anything more than 10-15 yards until almost 8:30. Oddly enough, that's the morning I got my deer. Didn't have any fogging any of my optics (field glasses or scope).

Latest posts

Top Bottom