America's Police Fleet: Every New Cop Car You'll See In The U.S.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There used to be a company in Oklahoma called, IIRC, Pursuit Unlimited (I want to say they were in the Chandler area) that bought used cop cars and sold them cheap. A friend of mine had a buddy who'd spend $200-$300 on one of their used cop cars, drive it for a few years, then buy another one (this was back in the late '80s/early '90s). They weren't perfect, but you couldn't beat those deals with a stick.
No doubt a good deal, but with the history of drunks, druggies, etc vomiting in them or worse would deter me from ever buying one.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many, many years ago went on a family outing to Eureka Springs; outside of Eureka Springs was a police store / museum; the billboard read it had Andy Griffith’s Ford Galaxie -- I had to stop; later I found out, it cost $5 to see the car -- I was going to pay the $5, but I got the same look from my wife; when I order the fried fish combo platter instead of the grilled. Skipped viewing the car -- should have looked at the car !!!!!
It isn't the original. The local Ford dealer supplied all the cars to the show. When the next model year came out the dealer took the old one and replaced it with a new one. The old one was sold as used. They say 10 different model year Fords were used, two different license plates and two Dodges.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not all police cars have a history of drunks and druggies ruining them. Not to mention since at least the mid to late 90s most carpet and rear seats in patrol cars were removed and replaced with rubber floors and hard plastic, one-piece seats. Not all, of course, but that was, and is, the trend.

I was gonna buy one of our old fleet cars that was being rotated out since it was 4 years old and was due to go to auction. It was a 96 Caprice 9C1 with the good ole LT1 motor. It was a division commanders car, had 36k-ish miles, never had a light bar on it. It did have the various plugged holes for antennas and such and holes in the dash and rear deck from lights. Doubtful anyone with a criminal history was ever in that car.

But, money was tight and the fleet manager moved it to some other dept in the city.

I didn't want it because it was a cop car. Hell...I got paid to drive those every day. I wanted it because I probably could've picked it up for $4k or $5k and it was as close to a Corvette as I'd ever get.

Latest posts

Top Bottom