And the Sooner Nation Mourns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swoklagunner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bob Barry Sr. is a sports legend. I grew up watching his sportscasts as a kid. I had the privilege of meeting him in 1992 while touring the KFOR facility. He walked up to me, stuck out his hand to shake mine, and said "Hi, I'm Bob Berry", as if I didn't know who he was. He was a very tall, but unassuming man, by my observation. I didn't care much for his OU broadcasts, but I will always have memories of his being on my TV every evening at 6:20 as I was growing up. RIP Bob.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Definitely was a fixture... I can remember my dad listening to games when I was a kid. I think more than the sooner nation will be saddened over this. He was a beacon of Oklahoma sport *period*. He called games for OSU from the 70s to the 90s if I remember correctly. Always a bright happy smile on the man's face.

May the perpetual light shine upon him.

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everytime OU Scores a touchdown i can hear his voice TOUCHDOWN OKLAHOMA! Especially when its a long run or catch. He's at the 30, 35 40 45 50 45 40 35 30 25 20 15 10 5 TOUCHDOWN OKLAHOMA! He got pretty bad towards the end of his career missing plays and wrong calls but he will forever be an iconic oklahoma broadcaster. RIP Big Bob.

Latest posts

Top Bottom