Andrew McCabe Seeks Immunity Deal for Testimony

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sessions is not a good AG, he is either too lenient on crime or someone has the goods on him-remember, he is one of the good old boys. I think the goods.
Sessions is a down right disgrace. If he would do his job this whole Mueller crap would be over. Along with a lot of other things. But no, he is too worried about what the media will say about him. What a coward. Do your darn job!!

Riley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a pretty good article that lays out the issues with granting immunity. Essentially any evidence that may emerge could be tied back to the congressional testimony therefore tainted. It's what got Ollie North off on appeal.

"It is true that, on the surface, the statute provides only “use immunity.” Technically, this does not shield the witness from prosecution; it only prevents the immunized testimony from being used against the witness — either directly (being presented against him at trial) or indirectly (as leads to locate evidence that can be used to prosecute him). In practical effect, however, use immunity can easily become transactional or even blanket immunity. It is often difficult, if not impossible, to prove that evidence purportedly unrelated to the immunized testimony was not traceable to it in some way. Consequently, if the Justice Department tries to prosecute him, the immunized witness will argue that the case is based on the immunized testimony. It is easier for a court to throw out such a case than try to sort out what is tainted and what is not."

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/06/andrew-mccabe-seeks-immunity-judiciary-committee/

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If McCabe wants immunity then he knows something big which could (I hope implicate certain others) bring down the entire crime syndicate. I've never seen anything or an organization like the democrat party so crooked and corrupt, it seems like they'd sell the country for a paltry few hundred thousand dollars.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If McCabe wants immunity then he knows something big which could (I hope implicate certain others) bring down the entire crime syndicate. I've never seen anything or an organization like the democrat party so crooked and corrupt, it seems like they'd sell the country for a paltry few hundred thousand dollars.

It's not just the Democrats, it's Washington D.C.!

I'll bet you dollars to donuts "RINOs" are just as wrapped up in this dossier mess as the D's are. I'm willing to bet that's the major reason Sessions has been sitting with his thumb up his butt. It's because all his Swamp buddies are dirty as hell. It makes no sense to select one of the oldest members of the Swamp to be in charge of draining the Swamp. Simply isn't going to happen.

They're just biding their time till everything quiets down, the public forgets, and something else pops up to take the heat off of the Swamp.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a pretty good article that lays out the issues with granting immunity. Essentially any evidence that may emerge could be tied back to the congressional testimony therefore tainted. It's what got Ollie North off on appeal.

"It is true that, on the surface, the statute provides only “use immunity.” Technically, this does not shield the witness from prosecution; it only prevents the immunized testimony from being used against the witness — either directly (being presented against him at trial) or indirectly (as leads to locate evidence that can be used to prosecute him). In practical effect, however, use immunity can easily become transactional or even blanket immunity. It is often difficult, if not impossible, to prove that evidence purportedly unrelated to the immunized testimony was not traceable to it in some way. Consequently, if the Justice Department tries to prosecute him, the immunized witness will argue that the case is based on the immunized testimony. It is easier for a court to throw out such a case than try to sort out what is tainted and what is not."

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/06/andrew-mccabe-seeks-immunity-judiciary-committee/

Mueller used a similar tactic on getting a judge to rescind the statute of limitations on Manaforths banking issue.
Expired time is not a get out of jail free card.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not just the Democrats, it's Washington D.C.!

I'll bet you dollars to donuts "RINOs" are just as wrapped up in this dossier mess as the D's are. I'm willing to bet that's the major reason Sessions has been sitting with his thumb up his butt. It's because all his Swamp buddies are dirty as hell. It makes no sense to select one of the oldest members of the Swamp to be in charge of draining the Swamp. Simply isn't going to happen.

They're just biding their time till everything quiets down, the public forgets, and something else pops up to take the heat off of the Swamp.
I completely agree, otherwise why would Boehner, McConnell and other Repubs allow Obama to do as he wished against the Constitution without raising an eyebrow? Where was the Checks and Balances? I know where the checks went-to the Mideast.

Latest posts

Top Bottom