Antelope advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will be going to the panhandle antelope hunting in September. This will be an archery hunt. And No I am not paying the outfitter. I have acquired permission through a friend on several acres. I haven't been around antelope any, but I have did a little research and have come up with a few things that should help.

Water holes find a water hole they use and get there before sun up in an enclosed blind and stay all day. My question is... does it help to set up a blind early for the goats to get used to?

Find a low spot or open gate in a fence line as the prefer to go under rather than jump over.

White rag on a stick. Does this work for archery range?

How good is there nose?

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I will be going to the panhandle antelope hunting in September. This will be an archery hunt. And No I am not paying the outfitter. I have acquired permission through a friend on several acres. I haven't been around antelope any, but I have did a little research and have come up with a few things that should help.

Water holes find a water hole they use and get there before sun up in an enclosed blind and stay all day. My question is... does it help to set up a blind early for the goats to get used to?

Find a low spot or open gate in a fence line as the prefer to go under rather than jump over.

White rag on a stick. Does this work for archery range?

How good is there nose?

yes; a hay bale blind at a water hole is popular, and should be made way before season.

Windmills are also good places for treestands, if they are sturdy enough.

I never took an antelope, but I used to work part time at a archery shop for a guy who had like 8 P&Y pronghorns.

JW/OK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've taken quite a few antelope in South Dakota and I don't think they depend on their nose as much as a whitetail. That said they will wind you but not as quick as a whitetail. We use the stalking method out there and have got close enough to take them with a handgun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom