Anti-Friendly CC States

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since I am a Technical Genius, and a Computer Whiz of course I can't find what I'm looking for. Could someone please give me a list of States that does not honor Okla CC permit. I am going to Ohio for vacation and I think the only problem is going through Illinois, but I want to make sure. Thanks for all the help.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sure.
www.handgunlaw.us

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/oklahoma.pdf

IIL has "special needs" including the unloaded gun completely enclosed in a case specifically made for a gun. Also must be disassembled or stored in an inaccessible compartment, since you are not an IL resident.

http://www.isp.state.il.us/docs/1-154.pdf

Non-residents must be legally eligible to possess
or acquire fi rearms and ammunition in their state of
residence. It is recommended that in order to be in
compliance with all statutes, non-residents transport
all fi rearms:
1. Unloaded, and
2. Enclosed in a case, and
3. Not immediately accessible or broken down in a
nonfunctioning state.

HOW DO I TRANSPORT A FIREARM
THROUGH AN ILLINOIS COMMUNITY WITH AN
ORDINANCE THAT PROHIBITS FIREARMS OR
HANDGUNS?
Illinois’ Unlawful Use of Weapons law does not
preempt local ordinances from banning fi rearms.
Persons carrying or transporting fi rearms through
such communities could be subject to local fi rearm
ordinances. It is recommended that you contact local
authorities regarding their fi rearm ordinances.

Have Blue

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The "case specifically made for a gun." clause in Illinois only applies if you get stopped by the Tree Cops.

The IL Supreme court decided that even your car's console is a valid case for storing your gun. But as a non-resident I always put my handgun in a Microvault safe under the front seat. or in my range bag in the trunk.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Since I am a Technical Genius, and a Computer Whiz of course I can't find what I'm looking for. Could someone please give me a list of States that does not honor Okla CC permit. I am going to Ohio for vacation and I think the only problem is going through Illinois, but I want to make sure. Thanks for all the help.

I'd go the longer way through Kentucky and Indiana. Illinois is a communist state, stay out of it. Remember to go to the Ohio AG's website and research Ohio's laws.They honor our permit but they may have some strange restrictions.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd go the longer way through Kentucky and Indiana. Illinois is a communist state, stay out of it. Remember to go to the Ohio AG's website and research Ohio's laws.They honor our permit but they may have some strange restrictions.

Roger that.

I would avoid Chicago and Illinois like the plague.

Like Redmax said - go thru Indiana and Kentucky. Hell, if you don't have a gun in Kentucky, they'll loan you one!

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In 2011 I shot the Illinois State IDPA Championships in friendly downstate Illinois. You can bet I CAREFULLY read the information on the IL State Police website and followed all aspects of it to a "T".

Chicago is a "NO GO" location for me, including most of its 'burbs. They are distinctly gun (not just CC) unfriendly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom