Anti-Virus/Spam Software

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just bought a new laptop. It came with Trend Micro Titanium - 30 day trial.

So I need to decide on what Anti-virus software to use.

I'm leaning towards ZoneAlarm extreme or the Trend Micro. Zonealarm has the best firewall in my experience but Trend Micro blocks specific information that the user lists from ever leaving your PC without permission. I tried it out with my email address. Once site I trusted tried to suck my email address off my PC and TM blocked it and asked permission to release. Another time I gave it permission. Useful feature.

I've used both Norton and McAfee in the past. McAfee is a non-starter. Norton is currently on my wife's desktop and its better than it used to be but isn't ahead of ZA or TM.

Any other packages y'all might recommend and if so why?

Got to make a decision soon as both TM and ZA are currently 1/2 off which makes $80 packages $40.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
For home use I use AVG and have been really pleased with it. Got a new machine a couple of months ago and bought another subscription for it. Highly recommend. I've heard good things about Avast as well which has a free version but I don't know much about it.

chevy88

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
i got avg the other day and it did its run through of my computer and it didnt "do" anything really just scaned about 1.7mil files. i go the free version but i was wandering if there is something i need to do to make it find the errors in my computer, i know something is wrong with because it crashes everyday.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i got avg the other day and it did its run through of my computer and it didnt "do" anything really just scaned about 1.7mil files. i go the free version but i was wandering if there is something i need to do to make it find the errors in my computer, i know something is wrong with because it crashes everyday.

AVG is an anti-virus software, it doesn't scan for errors, nor does it fix them. Other than that if it scans and doesn't find malware, it won't do anything else.

Latest posts

Top Bottom