Any bicyclists here who can recommend a really good mechanic? OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corwin1968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any bicyclists here who can recommend a really good mechanic in OKC?

I've got a bike I'm planning to upgrade and I'm looking for a good bicycle mechanic to help me. I've bought several bikes from Al's Bicycles and have used their free tune-ups for life service but I don't know if they do much beyond routine maintenance and builds. Also, I'm looking for a GOOD wheel builder. I weigh over 350 and the least I'll probably ever weigh is around 250 so I'm looking for a set of well-built custom wheels. I've found very reputable guys online but would prefer to keep it local if I can find someone who is widely acknowledged as "good" at it.

TMA-1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had good component work from John at Pro Bike (63rd and MacArthur) and Jimmy at The Bivycle Store (122nd and Broadway). Jimmy also did an outstanding wheel rebuild for me after an accident. I'd highly recommend either one.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check out Schlegel Bicycles just north of Downtown OKC. They've got great service and prices. I've had them do work on my bikes and purchased from them.

www.SchlegelBicycles.com

+1 for Schlegels
North I would say Budget Bike on 23rd
South I would go with Buchanan Bicycles in Norman

+1 on Pro Bike and Schlegel

Another vote for Schlegel. Great shop and great staff, they'll treat you right. They're also very involved with the local community.

Can't say anything for or against the others mentioned as I've never dealt with them before.

Joeh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pro Bike is where I bought my bike. Recently, however, I've gotten to know a few other guys in the scene up in OKC. A friend of mine, Tony, has opened his own shop with some friends called Charley's Bicycle Laboratory. It's a bit of a drive, but they've got great CS and quick turn around time. Tony, or one of the employees there can do pretty much whatever you need them to do for you.

Again, they're a new shop and it's a bit of a drive up there if you live on the south side, but they're great guys! http://charleysbicyclelab.com/

Latest posts

Top Bottom