Any experience with Crossbreed Supertuck for Glock 27/Glock 19?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ll05

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone have first hang experience with a Crossbreed supertuck and a Glock 27/19? I'm curious if you had to go up in pants size(jeans/slacks). Any issue with aftermarket sights and the holster?

Yes, I've googled the CBST's, but I was curious if any OSAer's had first hand experience.

Thanks,

LL

ODglock27

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wear my 27 in an horse hide supertuck daily. I do not have aftermarket sights on mine though.

As for jean size most of mine were purchased one size larger due to knowing I would be getting a 27. This will just depend on you and your comfort levels. I do have some jeans in my normal size and can carry just fine, just slightly tighter.

All in all I really love this holster, as I can hardly tell I am carrying. (outside of the weight of the gun, but you get used to that as well)

Hope this somewhat helps.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I find the supertuck to be too thick with a huge chunk of leather against your skin when it is hot.i find the ubg canute to be more comfortable

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Supertuck is the only IWB I have found to be comfortable for me with my colt 1911 with aftermarket much taller sights. It takes the bite out of everything other holsters did not. I had to fiddle with the adjustments to get it right for me standing and sitting to get it right. It has a big coverage area which makes it smoother, but it is a big patch on your skin if that might bother you. I get used to it easily when I do use it. I mostly OWB belt loop holster with T-shirt over most of it, and do not worry about the rest now with OC. My std jeans work well with the supertuck after they stretch a little after a few minutes, but your shape may vary. It does use up a notch or two in the belt. Mine is cowhide and I am pleased with it. Hope this helps/confuses you more. Good luck.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I own a galco kingtuk iwb hybrid holster that I carry a g26 in, W/ trijicon hd sights. I was able to pick it up at the LGS for around $60, if I remember correctly. It's a great holster.
Ive heard nothing but good things about the crossbreed holsters. I'm sure you will be very happy if you purchase the crossbreed.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Supertuck, and I used it when my Springfield XD subcompact was my primary carry. It's a comparable size to the G19, so I figured I'd share. I spent the extra few bucks and got the natural version, not the black version. I think the black leather is cheaper.

Comfort

I found it very comfortable for carrying. The leather backing helps reduce the gun pressing in on you when you sit or move around a lot. Like others have said, it will feel a bit hot in the summer, but arguably any holster with a backing would.

Draw

I thought it worked really well. Between the kydex and the leather I never had any snags

Concealment

If you take the time to tuck it in correctly, and your shirt is a little baggy, it does a good job of concealing the gun. You do have to keep an eye on it because the shirt will want to pop out of the "tuck" before it comes loose anywhere else on you.

ll05

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I appreciate everyone's responses. I ordered the CBST a few weeks ago(they say 6-8 weeks for delivery). I ordered it for a G19, but have a G27 as well and will carry. I opted for the horsehide natural after reading that it helps when the temp rises. I did not opt for the combat cut.

I'm anxious to receive it.

Thanks,

LL

david04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was looking for a holster I heard good reviews on the Concealement Solutions Black Mamba, and that is what I bought. It seems to be essentially the same as a CBST. The main reason I got it instead of Crossbreed was that the delivery time was way shorter, and the price was, I believe, a tiny bit less. I now find it to be very comfortable, but I did get the combat cut option (Concealement Solutions calls it something else, but it's the same thing) and I wish I hadn't. The grip of the gun rubs my skin under my shirt. When I'm in the truck or otherwise not in public I sometimes stick my shirt between the grip and my skin for comfort.
Anyone wanting a Crossbreed but doesn't want to wait might consider it. I'm happy with mine. BTW I carry a Glock 19.
http://concealmentsolutions.com/

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Come August, that horsehide will get nice & sweaty. Silicone spray on the backside slows it down.

Still, a great holster and easier on the hip than a CTAC, for us that don't wear skivvies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom