Any Metal detectorist here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navy_chief

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys,
Just checking in to see how many of you metal dectect? I have been doing it off and on again since the late 70's when my dad bought his first one.

I have owned the following:
Compass Gold scanner pro
Garrett Master Hunter
Fisher CZ-5
Whites XL pro
Whites Eagle II
The Whites and the Fisher where my favorite detectors.

I am gettin ready to get back into it again looking at the whites MXT.

Last edited:

Navy_chief

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
whats the best thing you've ever found?

I found sevral silver coins from the late 1800's to the early 60's. and of course Wheat pennies and modern change all the time. It really does add up after awhile. Found gold and silver rings as well as a lot of junk.

My best finds would be from an old abandon spanish settlement back in the 1980's that was about 200 years old out in New mexico found hand made copper items as well as an Old handmade Copper cross.

Navy_chief

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to but i got sick of finding pop tabs lol

yep know all about that but Nickels and rings are notorious for hitting in the pulltab range.

This is by far the cheapest place to get quality Detectors from:

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/

The cheap bounty hunter or other low budget detectors are crap and you will get very frustrated real quick. May I suggest you buy whites, garrett, fisher or even Tesoro are brands you cant go wrong with.

penismightier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been thinking about buying one.. With the lakes being down so low, there is a good possibility of finding things near boat ramps/swimming holes which are now accessible.

Navy_chief

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been thinking about buying one.. With the lakes being down so low, there is a good possibility of finding things near boat ramps/swimming holes which are now accessible.

Yes now is the time however after all this rain lately dont know how low the lakes are in your area?

Like I suggested look at Kellyco's website they have the best package deals with alot of goodies included when you buy from them I.E. case, shovel or other stuff and are the cheapest around.

SoonerBolt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one I need to use some if you have any good places to go. Mine is waterproof so I can take it into a lake, creek, or whatever. I thought it might be good for swimming holes, but I haven't used it much.

penismightier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one I need to use some if you have any good places to go. Mine is waterproof so I can take it into a lake, creek, or whatever. I thought it might be good for swimming holes, but I haven't used it much.

The Skiatook Lake is still ~8 ft below normal.... I think it would be a good place to check out... but what do I know about this subject :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom