Any OSA Science Fiction fans? Who/What are your favorite authors/types?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To the fans of Larry Niven - have you ever read "The Flying Sorcerors" - co-written by Niven and David Gerrold?
If not, you should - it is one of the funniest "hard science"-fiction (sort of) ever written. It is great fun read with a little light social commentary and a long running gag that is only revealed near the last third of the book.

For the Niven fans - how about "Lucifer's Hammer"?

Last edited:

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Edgar Rice Burroughs....all of them....Tarzan, Pellucidar, Martian, Venus series and everything else he wrote. Started collecting 1st and 2nd editions when I was a kid and haven't stopped yet.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's one more - this is old 50's style pulp sci-fi - "Space Vulture", co-authored by Archbishop John Myers of Newark, NJ.
I am not a big fan of 50's style sci-fi but it definitely rings true to the genre if you like it.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd agree with Edgar Rice Burroughs. Read most of his stuff.

I'm more into the sci-fi-fantasy stuff than the hard core science sci-fi, but it's all cool.

I used to read a lot of Asimov, Ben Bova, Orson Scott Card when I was growing up.

Now I'm more into the fantasy stuff - R.A. Salvatore, C.J. Cherryh, Anne McCaffery, Tolkien, CS Lewis, etc.

Always been a King fan, no so much Dean Koontz... he just doesn't have the flair and character development I've come to expect from King.

I've read just about everything ever written by Tom Clancy (until recent years), Michael Crichton, Robin Cook and some others.

There's a wide wide world out there. Currently re-reading The Hobbit, for the 50th time, but this time with my son (he's almost 7). He is loving it and really getting into it. I can't wait till December to take him to see the first Hobbit movie, and then later the LotR series. He's pretty young still for all the gore and really graphic monsters, so we've held off for now on the movies. But I am working hard to instill a love of reading in him that almost no kids these days seem to have! I spent nearly every afternoon at the public library growing up, reading everything I could get my grubby little hands on!

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I really like Robert A. Heinleins later books ... I even have a copy of 'Grumbles From The Grave' .... Started on Sci Fi when I was 13 ....... Always loved it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom