Any OWB holster suggestions for Kahr MK40?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeeJay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Preferences:
- at least somewhat suitable for concealed carry
- lower ride
- shield where upper portion of gun contacts the body

Including a web link with the suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Also, any place where a person could see/try the holster fit before purchase? (I know this is a long shot)

Thanks.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know where Prague is but i try on holsters at OPS and Patrol Tech here in Tulsa.
I don't know much about carrying small mouse guns for OWB so I'm not much help there.
Quality holster that I wouldn't hessitate to carry OWB would be Safariland.
Good luck.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know where Prague is but i try on holsters at OPS and Patrol Tech here in Tulsa.
I don't know much about carrying small mouse guns for OWB so I'm not much help there.
Good luck.

If only you'd answered sooner we may not have lost ol' Deejay! Shame...

DeeJay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good luck.

Thanks, I will check out Safariland.
The drive time to Tulsa is about twice the drive time to OKC. Seldom get to Tulsa.

DeeJay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look at Blade-tech. They carry them at H&H. Not sure if that model is available but I have one for my G22. Holds tight to the body like a pancake holster but made of kydex. Can also be converted to IWB.

www.Blade-tech.com

Looks somewhat promising. Ride may be higher than I want but it is hard to tell from pictures. May need to take a day and run into the city just to look at holsters.

Right now, I am most intrigued by the Lobo Leather snap-on model because of apparent low ride and slide shield option. http://www.lobogunleather.com/4_1-sl_pancake_snap-loop

Looks like I need to take a day run into the city just to look at holsters.

Thank you.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For a low ride OWB, check out UBG holsters and take a look at the Phaetos. Its a quality OWB that rides pretty low and for that little Kahr, it may be just the thing. Use OKSHOOTERS as a coupon code for a discount. The guy that runs UBG, Nate Gable, started here in Moore, Oklahoma. If Kydex is of interest, check out F3 Holsters. He is also a member here and does good work. Welcome to OSA.

audiophile

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Looks somewhat promising. Ride may be higher than I want but it is hard to tell from pictures. May need to take a day and run into the city just to look at holsters.

Right now, I am most intrigued by the Lobo Leather snap-on model because of apparent low ride and slide shield option. http://www.lobogunleather.com/4_1-sl_pancake_snap-loop

Looks like I need to take a day run into the city just to look at holsters.

Thank you.
Should have mentioned that I have use the Eclipse. Rides nice for me. I am 5'9" 200#s. Granted it is a full size gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom