Any Sig P220 Compact Owners Out There?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard great things about the Sig Sauer P220 Compact. Downrange TV's Michael Bane gives it really high marks.

I own a Kahr CW45 for warm-weather carry, but would sell it in a heartbeat to put a down payment on one of these babies.

Anybody out there have any experience with these compact Sigs?

Aikido73

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I'll give my quick impression. I had the 220 compact SAS (DAK trigger) and it was a fantastic gun with one problem for me. Really the problem is mine. I have large hands with short fingers. The gun was very accurate at the range and very controllable but when I practiced drawing from concealment I could never get a good grip and the trigger reach was just too long for me. Shooting at the range and getting a good grip to start fantastic drawing never felt confident. In the end I sold the gun. Well thats my story hope it helps.

PS maybe the standard double/single trigger would have been better not sure.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah. I'm looking to get the SA/DA version.

I hate it when you can't draw and grip your CC pistol with confidence. Makes for a poor CCW. What do you carry now, if you don't mind my asking?

Aikido73

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In autos I go with xd9sc, I'm also trying a new 9mm Taurus 709 slim so far I really like it. Niether are as sexy as the Sig but in reality they work better for me.

upnover

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have a 220 compact that you are welcome to shoot if you come to the happy hollow range outside of sapulpa(i'm less than 2 miles form there), i like the gun, but my only complaint is the weight versus the capacity, but its a great well built gun. email [email protected] if you want so shoot it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom