Anybody have any experience with the Diamodback DB9?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D V US

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking at one for my wife to carry. It seems almost perfect being very lightweight and no safeties or hammers to fumble with. Just point and shoot with a very nice DAO trigger. BUT, I have no information on reliability or inherent problems with the design. Does anyone have any experiences, good or bad, that I should know about before I make the purchase?

D V US

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Take a look at an inexpensive KelTec P-3AT .380 - simple, set it and forget it -- pull the trigger and it goes bang. Not my favorite, not what I carry, but small and light weight enough you can forget you have it stashed away but it will get the job done if needed 99.99% of the time.
Again, I fail to see the relevance to the topic of this thread, the DB9. I'm not trying to be an ass here but I'm not asking for opinions on OTHER weapons, I just need factual information on the DB9. So please let's just keep it focused on that topic. Thank you

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry posted wrong video.... ;/

Your correct I have no personal experience with this gun....
Only what I read or search information on
Someone will be along soon with a different view
Good Luck

D V US

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
p238shooter and twoguns? my apologies to you both for coming on so brash. You were trying to help out and I made a horses patoot of myself. I am used to dealing with a much younger crowd in online forums and if you don't keep them on topic you have a completely different conversation within two posts. Please forgive my bad form.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No problems here... ;)
I posted the wrong video, wouldn't have known if I hadn't watched it
One of our members torture tested a DB9, sand, water, it held up well
Cant find it now.... ;/

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No problem here either, I appreciate you letting me know I got busy and did not pay attention to the header. I hope you find the info you are looking for. Surely someone on this site has or has had one of these.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have not owned one of these, but my son In law has. He complained of it being very unreliable. I shot it once, although it was a couple of years ago, and it did have two FTF as I recall in a box of 50 round box of ball ammo. Based on his experience and my having shot it, I would steer clear of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take it for what's it worth (which ain't much)--we had two come thru the store, sold them both, and were glad they were gone. We haven't ordered anymore.

Latest posts

Top Bottom