Anyone Build Custom Fishing Rods?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4Life

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was in Jr. High and High school I used to build custom fishing rods, with an gentleman from church.
All the rods I have now are all custom made from his little backyard shop. Beautiful rods that will outlast most any on the market.

Now that my boat restore is nearly complete I have been looking to build a matching set 3 or 4 of trolling/live bait rods.
He already had a stocked shop and the contacts and suppliers, I just showed up and built.
My mentor has since past away, am I have begun looking for the supplies for my self.

Did some Googling and found a few online supply stores, but was just wondering if anyone else is into rod building.
Anything local?

crazyfish

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have built quite a few rods. I used to work at a fishing shop in OKC and there was a guy that moved into the shop that build custom rods. I learned from him and built some rods for him when he tried to make a line of non-custom rods. I don't know of anything local for supplies other than a few guides and maybe some handles from Academy. When I need stuff I order from Mudhole and janns netcraft. The hardest part for me is ordering rod blanks. After getting them at wholesale for a long time, I can't bring myself to order one for retail cost. If you need some rod blanks, let me know what you are looking for. I have about 20 that my father in law and I ordered several years ago. Got a chance to get some blems and some unfinished ones for dirt cheap. I don't need that many and can make you a great deal on some.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My buddy bought all the equipment to build custom rods, and built some for me and his co workers.

He is looking at putting up a building to get started, but that might be awhile.

Latest posts

Top Bottom