Anyone Diagnosed With Afib?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one episode in 2019. Will probably be on eloquis forever. I’m also on deltiazem to keep me in rythum. The eliquis keeps the blood from clotting if I do get out of normal. Mine was caused by sleep apnea. I’ve been using a CPAP since then also with no other incidents of Afib.
Who’s your heart doc?
im on Eliquis also for life, had DVT's in both legs at different times. No heart issues but clots and one that went to my lung (PE). This getting old thing sucks.

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I had my Cardioversion today at 1:30. My cardiologist ran the TEE device down my esophagus first to check for blood clots and there were none. He only had to shock me one time to get my heart back into rhythm. I was sedated and out cold the whole time and didn't feel anything. They let me go home about 45 minutes after I came out from the anesthesia. I am home and already feeling better. I can only hope now that it stays in rhythm. What I read about it is I have about a 50/50 chance of it returning at some point.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had an ablation at about 38 years old. saw a few local doctors in our home town area and weren't impressed. Then found Dr Shephal Doshi. He's young but one of the best Electrophysiologist in the country. Was on thinners for about 6 months then was taken off them. No further episodes since. My afib would come and go for hours at a time but don't ever remember being in afib for days, weeks or months at a time. 52 years old now and so far so good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom