Anyone else waiting on a PIN number?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sent in the app for a PIN number at the same time I sent in my CC app Oct-26th. Have had my CC permit for a while but nothing from the feds on my PIN. Anyone else waiting?

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hate to be a smart a$$ but what the heck, is "PIN Number" redundant? :)

FBI voluntary appeal file will get you a personal nics pin number.

The pin number is given when filling out a 4473 to help keep from delays if your background is confused with a felon or you get delayed often.

I got one and it took about 3 months.

FBI VAF

I posted about this a couple years ago and in the post it had the FBI phone number.

If someone is good at searches, search "anyone get the dreaded nics delay" to find the old post.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FBI voluntary appeal file will get you a personal nics pin number.

The pin number is given when filling out a 4473 to help keep from delays if your background is confused with a felon or you get delayed often.

I got one and it took about 3 months.

FBI VAF

I posted about this a couple years ago and in the post it had the FBI phone number.

If someone is good at searches, search "anyone get the dreaded nics delay" to find the old post.

So you actually get a personal identification number number?

(PIN Number)....

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been told that if you obtain the "PIN" number, a file is maintained on you and, no doubt, the firearms that you purchase.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes the voluntary appeals file grant's the NICS permission to keep an ongoing record of all the data collected on you. Let's say you get delayed all the time, that's because they have to gather all the information related to you every time you fill out a 4473, the "file" on you is deleted 24 hours after you get the OK. With a VAF you go into a "file" that doesn't get deleted, when you give them the pin they check for anything new, and refer to your file for past events rather than having to regather information all over again. As far as the guns have you listened to a dealer call in a purchase? They don't give the serial number only the type of transfer, handgun, rifle, shotgun etc.

Now I could care less that I delay anymore, used to be an annoyance, but I go over it. My tax dollars are paying for the NICS program so make them earn their money is my attitude.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just called to see if I could find out anything and all the guy could tell me was it was in process. Been almost 5 months and they are still processing, ya we want the goberment running our health care...

Latest posts

Top Bottom