Anyone handled / shot / tested a S&W SD9 yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've read online reviews, and I know what they are and that they're still new, but I was wondering if anyone has put any significant rounds through one yet (like, a few thousand or more) that would like to chime in as to their reliability/accuracy. From what I'm reading, they're more than just a dressed up Sigma (better DAO trigger, some internal design changes, etc.)

Got a friend with $400 in his pocket and I'm trying to let him know which to get - this or the XD9 (or possibly a Police Trade-in Glock 22 if the .40 ammo price-tag doesn't kill it for him). The M&Ps are getting dad-gum expensive. I remember getting my first M&P9c for $350 - times have changed that's for sure.

Are the SD9's rated for +P rounds?

Any info is appreciated.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
. From what I'm reading, they're more than just a dressed up Sigma (better DAO trigger, some internal design changes, etc.)

Got a friend with $400 in his pocket and I'm trying to let him know which to get - this or the XD9 (or possibly a Police Trade-in Glock 22 if the .40 ammo price-tag doesn't kill it for him). The M&Ps are getting dad-gum expensive. I remember getting my first M&P9c for $350 - times have changed that's for sure.

Are the SD9's rated for +P rounds?

Any info is appreciated.

I think all new production 9mm's are +P rated.The SD9 is a lot more than a dressed up Sigma but tell your friend to save a couple more bucks and get a used M&P,XD,or Glock and never look back.You can get police trade in G22's for under $400.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think all new production 9mm's are +P rated.The SD9 is a lot more than a dressed up Sigma but tell your friend to save a couple more bucks and get a used M&P,XD,or Glock and never look back.You can get police trade in G22's for under $400.

That's what I was thinking, but the Police Trade-in G22s are still shooting .40 (which I'm not a fan of). Still, its a good deal on a very reliable pistol. On the plus side, if you accidentally buy Sweat's Glock, you can turn it in for a $5000 reward :D

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Palmetto had XD9s a week or so ago for $349, much better gun. Just had a friend order one, sittin at bob's right now waiting to be picked up

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Palmetto had XD9s a week or so ago for $349, much better gun. Just had a friend order one, sittin at bob's right now waiting to be picked up

Yeah - I checked Palmetto's site and they're back up to $400 again (still not a bad price). I've also owned more than one FNP-9 (but my friend isn't looking for a decocker or a gun with a manual safety).

Latest posts

Top Bottom