Anyone have a Chiappa Revolver?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious how these are holding up? I've seen the vids and it looks like shooting hot stuff is a breeze with these things. Handled one and pulled the trigger, heavy but it definitely felt good.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've researched them a fair bit because my sister wants one but aside from being ridiculously overpriced they are gaining a reputation for being of sketchy quality. That's not a surprise for a cheap gun but inexcusable for a gun priced that high. The reviews mostly agree it helps with recoil and shoots well but many of the owners have had parts breaking or falling off, basically what you expect from a cheap gun. Some people love how they look, my sister included, and the bottom barrel design helps with recoil but the downsides are questionable quality, extremely overpriced and the potential safety issues.

If you aren't aware of the safety issue it's just a matter of hand placement. Because the bottom of the cylinder is the hot zone using a grip that is perfectly safe with a standard revolver can take a finger off. There's a good video with Jerry Michulek where he's reviewing the Rhino and makes that mistake with his grip. He says fortunately he was loaded with mild .38 Special ammunition because had he been shooting standard .357 magnum it would have taken his finger clean off, fortunately the mild target stuff he was using at the time only caused a painful burn and some minor charring. It's easily avoidable but something you have to keep in mind when shooting a Rhino, definitely not worth losing a finger for.

After doing my research I decided I have no want of one but my sister said she still does...providing the price gets somewhere near to where it should have been from the start. I can't imagine why a company that is already known for making guns of sketchy quality already would price a gun that could possibly be their best seller so high that very few people are willing to buy it. Chiappa makes cheap guns that don't have a great reputation for quality and while the Rhino is innovative, it appears to be maintaining their reputation. I suspect they would sell pretty well if they were priced more towards the actual value of the gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom