Anyone have a M&P 340 airweight or similar j frame

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That they will let me shoot? I'm trying to figure out if they are worth the extra $400 bucks over a 442 to get the lighter weight and better sights but I've never shot one. I'm a little worried the recoil will be crazy.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That they will let me shoot? I'm trying to figure out if they are worth the extra $400 bucks over a 442 to get the lighter weight and better sights but I've never shot one. I'm a little worried the recoil will be crazy.

I had an M&P 340; the recoil is crazy and I questioned if the .357 option from that short barrel was worth the extra $400...I decided it wasn't and traded it away. The weight difference was negligible...I am quite happy with a plain old Airweight J-Frame in .38 +P. I think it's a nice gun but not for $400 more...the 442/642 is a value though, IMO.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a 340pd and I love it.It's 2+ ounces lighter than my 442.I carry +p 38 in it though as the 357 loads are BRUTAL out of it.If you're on a budget,get the 442,the lighter weight might not be worth the extra dough to some people.I'd let you shoot mine but you're in OKC.

clarkbe9980

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a S&W 642 Airweight and I really like it. The hottest rounds I have shot through it is 110gr. .38 special +P for carry and the recoil is not bad. Ofcourse it does recoil more than a regular full size revolver but it is not as bad as I thought. I recommend it and would also be willing to have a "range date" and let you shoot it.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 340pd and I love it.It's 2+ ounces lighter than my 442.I carry +p 38 in it though as the 357 loads are BRUTAL out of it.If you're on a budget,get the 442,the lighter weight might not be worth the extra dough to some people.I'd let you shoot mine but you're in OKC.

This^^^
I love mine and you can shoot it if we can find a time to meet.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This^^^
I love mine and you can shoot it if we can find a time to meet.

I'd take 'em up on the offers to try before you buy...and then later, after the numbness and pain wears off, you can decide! Don't get me wrong, the little "Airlite" snubs are great guns, and I liked the sights, but as far as being worth $400 more than a 442 or 642? Not in my opinion. It's just money though, so get what you like.

Latest posts

Top Bottom