Anyone have experiance with ROHRBAUGH 9mm pistols?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911Nut

Marksman
Reaction score
I have read you have to replace the spring every 200 rounds or so. Can't remember the exact number. I personally think they are overrated and over priced.That is just me tho.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The R9's trigger is pretty sweet but I hate the heel release. And its too small.

I love mine, and in a Recluse holster it fits like a wallet - Literally.

Too Small? I guess you're missing the point of what it is - Its a CCW in 9mm, small is one of its attributes.

Heel release? What are you doing with it? It's a defensive weapon, are you doing some mag changes in your firefights?

Anyway, I actually own one and I have had ZERO failures and it carries like no other. IMO its the best 9mm CC weapon available (for the way I carry, which is back pocket in a Recluse)

i29.photobucket.com_albums_c253_jasondcunningham_R9.jpg

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love mine, and in a Recluse holster it fits like a wallet - Literally.

Too Small? I guess you're missing the point of what it is - Its a CCW in 9mm, small is one of its attributes.

Heel release? What are you doing with it? It's a defensive weapon, are you doing some mag changes in your firefights?

Anyway, I actually own one and I have had ZERO failures and it carries like no other. IMO its the best 9mm CC weapon available (for the way I carry, which is back pocket in a Recluse)

There is such a thing as too small. I'm not doing anything with it because its not worth the time. It is high maintenance and undoubtedly less reliable and therefore a worse option than a J frame revolver while being thrice the price. It holds a single serving of ammo with no good way to reload it. If you want to spend $1200 on a CCW in 9mm, get a Glock 19, a nice set of sights, 5 mags, 3-4 holsters, some mag pouches, a case of ammo and take TDSA's Advanced CCW course. Expensive hardware will only take you so far.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is such a thing as too small. I'm not doing anything with it because its not worth the time. It is high maintenance and undoubtedly less reliable and therefore a worse option than a J frame revolver while being thrice the price. It holds a single serving of ammo with no good way to reload it. If you want to spend $1200 on a CCW in 9mm, get a Glock 19, a nice set of sights, 5 mags, 3-4 holsters, some mag pouches, a case of ammo and take TDSA's Advanced CCW course. Expensive hardware will only take you so far.

I know you're an expert, but for carrying in a suit - G19 isn't an option. This R9 has been zero maintenance, so not sure of your expert Internet regurgitation about that. Carry what's best for you - I'll do the same.

You keep mentioning price, that's not a concern for me. I'll happily pay for a hand built piece of art that doubles as the worlds smallest 9mm. If I need more than 7 rounds of 9mm, I'm screwed anyway...

Enjoy your Glock.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know or have and experience withe Rohrbaugh pistols? If so what are your opinions? I know it is very pricey.

I have no knocks on the Rohrbaugh, they seem to be REALLY well made. What I can say that the Kahr PM9 is an excellent option aswell as it has a great track record for reliability. What kind of carry are you going to employ?

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score

Except that it's still not much (if any) slower than a wheelgun to reload, and significantly thinner. Having handled one, I would say the fit and finish, and part quality is WAY better than pretty much any other common carry gun in the size range.

If cost is the only factor, then get the KelTec PF-9.

Latest posts

Top Bottom