Anyone here have a Kahr CW9 or CW40?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wife and me are looking for a CC gun for her and I think we've narrowed our choices down to the Kahr CW9 and Kahr CW40.

I've been reading reviews and they are all favorable.

Just curious if someone on this board owns one and what they think about it.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the CW9 and love it. It's been 100% with everything I've put in it. FMJ, HydraShocks, XTP's and my favorite for carry Gold Dots. All have been flawless.

Get at least 200 rounds of cheap FMJ and fire it all. They take some breakin to get "full reliability" according to the manual. I got mine slightly used from the original buyer who had fired 200 rounds through it and he said it had never malf'd once. I've put around 300 to 400 more through it with no malf's.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, everyone. I've not read a bad review on the CW series yet, except that some people would rather pay for the P series upgrade. We still have some looking to do. We're also considering a Taurus 709 and Walther PPS.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, everyone. I've not read a bad review on the CW series yet, except that some people would rather pay for the P series upgrade. We still have some looking to do. We're also considering a Taurus 709 and Walther PPS.
CW9 is a great gun, as is the Walther. Stay away from the Taurus - you will thank me for it

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the cw series will save you some money, it isn't as pretty as the pm, but will kill ya just as dead. plus it has standard rifling rather than polygonal. shoot lead all day long..

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll take the CW over the Walther & the Taurus every time.

I have never had a malfunction with my CW9, even during the 200 round break-in period it functioned flawlessly.

The CW series is a great buy. Thin single stacks absolutely disappear on the body.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

While it appears some other folks on here do not like the 709, I do. It is light, easy to shoot, and accurate. I also like the second strike capability that it has. It also has an easy to use safety if you want something like that. Several friends of mine have one as well and all of ours have been 100% reliable from day one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom