Anyone know where to get Guinea Fowl? The birds.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Ours roosted in our tree row about 20' high every night. They look like a football helmet with legs and a nasty head.

backspur

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And maybe one of the toughest. Used to run over my neighbors guineas, they hit every inch of that trucks undercarriage from bumper to bumper and then still run off. Never killed a single one.
I had a neighbor growing up that swore you couldn't run over a Guinea. He stayed drunk on Ol' Milwaukee's Best, so take it for what's it worth.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a neighbor growing up that swore you couldn't run over a Guinea. He stayed drunk on Ol' Milwaukee's Best, so take it for what's it worth.
The trick is exceeding the speed limit and cresting the hill at ramming speed, taking the flock by surprise. I know for a fact you can run em over, just can't kill em..

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They're actually pretty good low IQ watchdogs. They start making a ruckus when a vehicle, person, or strange animal shows up.

Or when you step out of the house, or look out a window, or if they hear you through an open window. They're a wee bit paranoid. :D

The eggs are also good if you can find the nests.

Latest posts

Top Bottom