Anyone own or got to handle any of these automatic knives???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arin Morris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There isn't anywhere in the world where you can legally carry one I 'm pretty sure. And for that matter damn few places where you can legally carry a concealed handgun. Just my two . YMMV

Huh? According to this, automatics knifes are legal to carry in almost half the states of the union. Here are the states that allow conceal carry permits. The only states where the right to carry is outright denied are American Samoa, Illinois, N. Mariana Islands. If I recall, the Illinois one was just found unconstitutional.

Arin Morris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought the bill currently going through was just to further define assisted opening knifes as there seems to be confusion between them and an automatic knife. If it's legalizing switchblades, then that's even sweeter!

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I recall, the Illinois one was just found unconstitutional.
The 7th Circuit declared the Illinois ban on carry unconstitutional, and gave them 180 days to write a law governing carry; at the end of that 180 days, the law is stricken, so if they haven't come up with something that passes muster with the Court by then they'll have, effectively, unrestricted carry. A request by Illinois for an en banc review by the 7th Circuit was denied, so this is a done deal unless they can get the SCOTUS to review it, but I'm pretty sure that won't happen before the 180 day window closes.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a bill going through the State to make them legal to carry.
I haven't read the bill itself, but the thread on OSA describing it said that it was only striking the language related to "spring-type" knives (to clarify the legality of assisted-opening knives), and the switchblade language was being left intact.

langston302

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
protech knives are beyond reproach. While microtec are well made (for the most part)the owners are assholes and I will never own (again) one of the knives they make. Ripoff artists and bamboozlers. Dont have any opinion on paragon. Look up Dalton Knives. his stuff is bullet proof.

Latest posts

Top Bottom