Anyone pocket carry a sub-compact glock?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone pocket carry a sub-compact like like the 26/27/33?

What configuration is your gun in (night sights, laser grips, factory, etc)?

What holster are you using?

Pros and cons that you have experienced?

What type of pants do you usually wear when carrying in this method?

I normally carry IWB in a MTAC, but when I'm setting for long periods of time or wearing certain types of clothing, a pocket holster would be the best option. I carried a J-frame S&W in a pocket holster and it worked fine and I was able to draw from my pocket, setting without any problems due to the wide pocket that slacks/suit pants offer. I sold the snub, so now I'm reasearching carrying a G33 in pocket.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am a big boy and still don't think it would work for me. Dang gun is too big for my pockets anyway. heck even cargo pockets don't seem like it could work. Wish I could offer more, but it doesn't work for me in dress slacks.

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a Galco pockert holster for my 26 that I used to hold the gun while it was in my console. Just too big to pocket carry except in a coat.

smokeyokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have carried a G27 in a Kytac Pockit Lockit ( my opinion the best pocket holster out there) it is ok in a pair of jeans but two big for slacks or such. I made the decision to switch to a Kahr PM9.

blackknight22

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a Glock subcompact in a pocket holster. Currently using an Uncle Mikes #4 as it seems to protect the finish of the gun. I have the Galco pocket holster and it works well, just seems to be rough on the finish of the gun. I also have a PCS "Harpoon" pocket holster. It is well made but bulky for most pants.

I have pocket carried a subcompact Glock for the past 4 years. Previous to the subcompacts I carried a j frame. It took 2-3 weeks to get use to the extra weight of the Glocks. Some jean pockets just don't seem to be cut right for the Glocks, for those pants I use an Alessi ankle holster.
Most clothing that I wear is jeans, 511 type pants and uniform class B pants.

For someone that is willing to put forth the effort the pocket carry can work. But if you just throw it in a holster and try it 3 or 4 times, you may not get the hang of it. Also, my pocket or ankle guns are always backups. I never carry them as my primary.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carried a S&W 49 in my pocket with no problems and I've been carrying a S&W 60 in my pocket for a little over a month with no problems. I'm only able to keep one gun for carry, so I have chosen the Glock 33. It might not be perfect for pocket carry, but I'm wanting to know for those that do carry it in pocket, what works for you?

Latest posts

Top Bottom