anyone running CMMG AR kit ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got a cmmg India kit today and am having problems setting up the bolt hold open device . I can turn the screw in till it jams the bolt or back it off and catch the bolt holding the magpul bad lever in . any tips ?

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a couple CMMG dedicated .22lr AR's and the BHO device is about the only failure that CMMG ever put out.
I just use the BHO follower mags.
I tried and tried to get it to work. Sorry I'm no help.

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks ,,, it looks like a great idea but fails in the real world. Am going out this afternoon to try an sight it in . I got a black cmmg mag with the kit and order a gray mag with it , now to see which works better .

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The barrel is a cmmg from midway $189
the upper is from PSA $49
The cmmg converison kit is from Wildeners $291
cmmg 25 rd mag $20

Side note, Pretty sure FATBOYS has the CMMG conversion kits, with mag, cheaper.

The bolt hold opens are very finicky about adjustment. They can be made to work, but i'm sure you have to use the same mag types when you get it set, not swapping back and forth between different makes or model mags.

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
went out friday and got the cmmg to work ---- stock trigger group springs, rubber stoper behind the buffer spring, american eagle ( Fed )& cci standard vel 22lr ,it would not touch wincheater x-pert 22lr's , it grouped fairly well at 50 yds off a bag with iron sights and 53 yr old eyes .

Latest posts

Top Bottom