Anyone seen the new Remington R-51 in a store yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw one at the gun show last weekend. Interesting gun, but just not my style. I can't even say what it is that I didn't like about it, I just know there wasn't anything that blew me over about it.

orangeRcode

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been intrigued by them since I saw the first advertising about them. Haven't seen one in person but is definitely on my list. Good video will wait and see how they resolve the issues.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
One of our LGS has one. I have held it and dry fired. I was not really impressed. It didn't fit my hand, trigger was heavy and to large. This is coming from someone who carries a Shield or Kahr.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Issues with new production handguns are common with Remington but definitely not with them exclusively. I remember trying to get one of the early production 5" Remington 1911's to run with Remington 230 gr ball factory ammo. It had problems too. Remington will smooth out the problems with production. Give them a few weeks or months.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't seen any around here yet. MAC and other gun site reviewers had very bad experience with their T&R R51s, but Jeff Quinn's sample worked fine. I was pretty excited about this gun, but that was before SHOT and the mostly bad reviews that have started to surface. The R51 may be DOA.

I think I'll pass for now and look at the Nano and other single stack nines to fit the bill.

Good luck and let us know what you think of the 51 if you get one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom