Apex Kit for S&W M&P 9/357/40

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arenathlete

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone have a Apex Tactical Duty/Carry Action Enhancement Kit (AEK) installed on the S&W M&P 9/357/40's ???

Looking for some feedback, thanks OSA.

backspur

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently installed the DCAEK in my M&P9C. It made a noticeable improvement in the feel of the trigger. The stock trigger pull was 6lb 3oz. The striker block dropped it to 5lb 2oz. The sear and sear spring took it down to 4lb 1oz. I have not yet added the trigger return spring, which should add 1 1/2 lbs to the trigger pull. It definitely smoothed up the trigger pull and took out the gritty feeling. The reset on my gun had a ratchety feeling, which was smoothed out. It did not make the reset more positive. The reset is so smooth now, it is almost undetectable. The install was very straight forward. The Apex videos cover it very well. I had an install issue, and contacted customer service. They took care of it right away. I am satisfied with the kit, and would definitely recommend it.

Koshinn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one, installed myself with basically only a small hammer, a carpeted floor, and a screw driver.

I like it, feels like a new gun, although I'm considering swapping the trigger spring back to reduce the trigger pull weight.

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The install was very straight forward. The Apex videos cover it very well.

I hope you are not talking about the video that shows hammering the tapered pins out of the frame from the wrong side....

According to the S&W M&P Armorer's manual the Sear Housing Assembly pin and the Locking Block pin are to be driven out from right to left, not left to right as shown on the video. Yes...the pins are slightly tapered. Probably not a big deal if you only do it once.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I put on the Apex sear in both my MP40c and my MP9c. Along with my custom polishing of the internal parts the trigger feels awesome. I had both of them checked and both pull right around 4lbs with those mods.