Appleseed at Badlands Tactical in Grandfield, April 21-22, 2012

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Announcing Appleseed's annual Lexington and Concord anniversary shoot!

In April 1775, Americans of every sort gathered and took up arms to stamp out tyranny in their land.

In April 2012, Americans will once again gather and take up arms, for the purpose of remembering the past heroes of the Revolution and to keep their heritage alive... the heritage of marksmanship, and the heritage of liberty.

Tillman County Sheriff and owner of Badlands Tactical Training Facility Bobby Whittington has once again offered to host our yearly April 19th Anniversary shoot at his superb range located in Grandfield, OK. Shooters will have plenty of space on this range, and will have the opportunity to test the limits of their effective range out to 1,000 yards. Being that this is an April 19 memorial shoot, we will be doing some special things that we don't do at any other Appleseed.

For those who don't know, Appleseed is a rifle marksmanship clinic that focuses on fundamentals, and on increasing the maximum effective range of our shooters. Bring a rifle and 400 rounds of ammo, and we will make you a better shooter, no matter what type of rifle shooting you do. New shooter? Experienced shooter? Either way, you will increase your skill set and polish your fundamentals. Everyone will have the chance to qualify on the Army Qualification Test (both at 25m and at full distance). Those who shoot an Expert score will be awarded the coveted Rifleman's Patch. Shooters who wish to save on ammo may use rimfire rifles for the 25m portion of the event. Obviously a suitable center fire rifle will be needed for those who want to participate in full distance shooting. A limited number of .22 Liberty Training Rifles will be available to borrow, for shooters who need them. Please contact me by PM or e-mail if you would like to reserve a loaner rifle.

Shooters have the option of either camping right off the firing line at the 1,000 yard range, staying in Badlands' dormitory in Grandfield for $10/night, or finding lodging in one of the nearby towns (Burkburnett, Wichita Falls, or Lawton).

We currently have 17 spots left for pre-registration. However, if it sells out, don't worry. Due to the size of the range, we will have plenty of room for walk-ons. If you don't wind up getting pre-registered, go ahead and come anyway, and pay at the gate.

Here is a link to all the info about the event, including instructions on how to pre-register: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=27199.0

As always, it is going to be a blast.

Who's in?

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Today is the last day for online registration... the price goes up $10 if you pay as a walk-on! There's still some room on the firing line. It's gonna be another great one... it even looks like the weather is going to cooperate for once! Mostly sunny all weekend, in the 70s and 80s. Great weather, great range, great Americans... it doesn't get too much better than that!

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't had a chance to read the link yet, I am on my phone. I was wondering how many rounds of eachrimfire and centerfire one would need if he went that route. Thanks

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are planning on using a rimfire for most of the 25m portion, and then using your center fire for zeroing and full distance, you would need about 300 rounds of rimfire and 100 rounds of center fire. But if you can afford to shoot about 400 rounds of center fire over the weekend, you are welcome and encouraged to shoot your center fire for the whole event.

Also, we usually end the day on Sunday with a bit of a free-for-all on the steel out to 1,000 yards, for whoever wants to stay. So if you want to get in on that, bring some extra center fire ammo!

If you're on OSA, be sure to holler at me and tell me your screen name on here. My real name is Daniel, and I will be the Shoot Boss for the event.

I will be in Grandfield this afternoon, setting up the firing line and setting up my camp out on the 1,000 yard range. If anyone needs help with directions, getting set up in the dormitory, or anything else, feel free to call me on my cell at 4o5 88o o5o6.

See you there!

-- Daniel

Latest posts

Top Bottom