Appleseed at Badlands Tactical in Grandfield, Sept. 8-9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Appleseed is returning to Grandfield, OK on September 8-9, 2012. Come experience this outstanding weekend course on the fundamentals of rifle marksmanship, and test your skills out to 1,000 yards on Badlands Tactical's wonderful facilities. Appleseed teaches the fundamentals of rifle marksmanship like no one else. Whether you are a beginner, a shooter that has never had any formal instruction, or an expert marksman, you will benefit from this course. Appleseed is a nationwide volunteer organization dedicated to promoting our American heritage of marksmanship, and to remembering the Revolutionary War veterans who made it possible. Since we are all-volunteer, we are able to keep the fees very low and offer free or highly reduced admission to women, youth under 21, current military, law enforcement, and others (for details see our registration website). Regular admission for adult men is $70 for the weekend, or $40 for one day. The Appleseed course of fire is based around the 25m Army Qualification Test. The AQT is a challenging course of fire requiring the shooter to maintain precise fire from multiple positions under time pressure with required reloads. Come see how you stack up, and find out whether you are Unqualified, Marksman, Sharpshooter, or Expert. Those who shoot Expert on the Army Qualification Test earn Appleseed's coveted Rifleman patch, and an invitation to join us as an Instructor in Training.

Though most of our shooting is done at 25m, on Sunday we will move to the full distance range to test our shooters' skill out to 1,000 yards on steel silhouette targets. If you have never had an opportunity to fire at this distance before, this is a perfect opportunity to do so. Any safe rifle is allowed at Appleseed. If you bring it, we will show you how to be a more effective marksman with it. .22s are fine for the 25m portion of the event, and are great for keeping ammo costs low. Shooters who wish to participate in full distance shooting need to bring a suitable center fire rifle.

Appleseed is a very family-friendly activity, so bring the spouse and kiddos. We love kids (they are the main ones we need to pass the heritage on to, after all), and welcome all ages to participate as long as they can safely handle a rifle. We have several loaner .22 rifles, for participants who do not own a suitable rifle. Contact me by PM or e-mail (see my signature line) to reserve loaner rifles, or for any other inquiries you might have.

Here is the Event Info Page, including the link to registration: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=27199.0

I hope to see many OSA'ers on the firing line!

henschman

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It looks like a pretty low class size so far... that means more time on the steel for those who do show up! Get registered up by Thursday afternoon, or you will have to pay the $5/day late fee.

I will be on site Friday afternoon/evening... if anyone needs anything, give me a call on my cell at 4o588oo5o6. I am planning on staying in Badlands' dorm in Grandfield. There are plenty of beds and the Sheriff only charges $10 per night... it is a great deal if you don't want to camp, and all the instructors and shooters who stay there always have a good time hanging out in the evenings.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alright, almost go time!

Our instructor "Scarecrow" is on site already -- if anybody needs help finding the dorm or the range, or with anything else, give me a call at my above-listed number and either him or I will take care of you.

See you on the firing line,
henschman

Latest posts

Top Bottom