Appleseed Badlands 2010 April 17-18

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Known Distance shoots At appleseed

• 25 meter shooting only with rimfire

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 25 meter with a afternoon that is center fire out to 1000 yards

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RWVA shooter

Marksman
Reaction score
We will been holding a Shoot this April. I think from the OKC gun club Thread we covered about anything that a shooter would need or even ask..??? lol

Grandfield Oklahoma is A known distance shoot after lunch Sunday...There will be signs showing the way to the campsite.A Instructor will be on site at the club house in town and on the range.

This is the 4th year the shoot has been here ..For you that are coming you'll enjoy the sites and sounds..

www.appleseedinfo.org Has all the flyers and sign up sheets.I know we are going to sell it out like last year so dont sit there and think a slot will be there ...I still havent had any of the cookies or baked goods yet from a few of you..And I brought Chocolate milk too with the hopes of sweet stuff..

Ohwell things come up and Life getcha..Its ok sooner or later you that have tryed to get out to one it will happen.Besides looks like USSA in tulsa will have one too "soon like 60 days"...

Contact either me or Hench we are the Head Instructors for the state..Bracth did well for the OKC shoot you all should praise him ..The man made it happen ..Like we say just give a a backstop and we'll make it happen..

Okay thats about it ...Let the many Questions start flying ..Were ready but alot of the things have been covered in the the threads of other shoot's that have been posted....

Hope to see a few of you too...

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What can I say guys, other than that there is nothing else that compares to the Grandfield Appleseed experience!!!

Come get the best instruction in the fundamentals of marksmanship you can get ANYWHERE, see how you measure up on the Army Qualification Test at both 25 meters and full distance, ping the steel silhouettes out to 1000 yards (if you have what it takes -- :50cal:), enjoy the camaraderie with the best people you'll meet anywhere, guaranteed (whether you're camping by the pond or staying on a cot in the bunkhouse), hear some awesome and amazing stories about what your forefathers did in the Revolutionary War, and learn about your heritage and what you can do to preserve it... All this for 70 bucks plus a $10 range fee? Where do I sign up? Well, right here of course: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/569454253

Info on what to bring and how to prepare, look at the links on the main page: http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

Oh, and by the way, coming to one of these shoots and joining the RWVA for $25 qualifies you to buy an M1 Garand from the Civillian Marksmanship Program for $500.

Did I mention that women, under 21, active military/guard/reserve, law enforcement, and elected officials shoot free? Yep, you can bring the whole family along. Its a family-friendly event... the kids love it, and everybody learns something.

Slots are filling up -- better not get left out! PM/e-mail me or RWVA Shooter with your questions or concerns. See you on the firing line.

RWVA shooter

Marksman
Reaction score
We are less than two weeks out till the event starts..Everything is in place and I will be on site that friday ..I will be on the 1000 yard range preping the lines..If anyone needs help getting there call either myself or Hench ...One last thng till I get the OK dont start any fires .The land owner will let me know if and when we can light camp fires and such so plzz hang on till I find out..The sun will be blazin so bring sun screen and plenty of water..

I will be in Tulsa this weekend for the Gun shows just look for redhats and others that say RWVA on them if you need any help pickin out gear to shoot with We will be happy to help..Those M1 slings are way cheap there less than 10 bucks might buy a few .Theres always someone in need of them..1 1/4 sling swivels aswell.. hoppe to see a few of you there the lines are filling up so dont miss out

seeya soon

The Cleaner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We will be coming down on Friday and plan on camping, when will we know about the camp fire situation, that will determin what I bring to eat? Is there any requirement on the .223 ammo for th edistance shoot like at the OKC shoot?

RWVA shooter

Marksman
Reaction score
As of today theres nothing stoppin any of the camp fires.. We should have full access to the grounds on Friday..I will try to have the roads marked coming out of Grandfield..Look for White plastic signs on the north side of the roads leading in..As for the Ammo we will not have anything saying What size round or type short of TRACERS...I would just ask no AP plzz my Steel torso's cost alot to punch holes in..We will have a lone torso At the Riflemens Quater mile just to prove the Inche Minutes Click's of MOA of about 4..

Drive safely and If you need anything one of us will be close ...580-278-6098

Bring sunblock lol...

RWVA shooter

Marksman
Reaction score
We are here and ready togo ..Seems the range is all ready for the weekends shooting .We have many shooters in the camping area and many staying in the club house. I cant stand just looking at steel out to 1000 with out being able to shoot but even I have to sit there till sunday.....lol

I did get a call seems glock cop and BB wrecked a car last week .They are fine but once again they have to sit this one out..I will say a pray for them ...Great folks hope scott okay and can come out to play soon..All next week is the tac conf. in tulsa I'll be there as a rangemaster come say Hi maybe we can go shoot a few at lunch..

Ok its late and we fire up at 7 am ...

WE WILL BE SHOOTING COME FLOOD WIND AND EVEN SNOW....lol

seeya around the state some where soon

thanks...OG

RWVA shooter

Marksman
Reaction score
Once again a great shoot.We had a muddy mess but we all shot ..Both days found shooters fighting the rains and flash floods ..Sure was nice to see all you guys do so very well even if the rain never stopped..WOW I'm still oiling rifles with the hope or no rust .lol right

I was told we can have the range again if you all want to try it in the dry heat of summer ..There will be more events this summer and they will come up fast.From USSA to OKC and even Sallisaw.I hope a few of you can make it out to learn more and see just as much..Seems the longrange shooting is the way most of you want to shoot and thats fine ...

Look for more from the state,, And If you know of a range that would like a Appleseed contact me or Henchman we will do whats needed to make it happen ....Sure enjoyed these last few shoots man its getting better all the time..And the female shooters dont give up your almost there few more shoots and you will have the patch and a pink hat too......

ww.rwva.org
www.blogtalkradio.com/appleseedradio

Latest posts

Top Bottom