Appleseed in Chickasha, August 7-8 - sign up today!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am bringing my remington .22 that has 1 10 round mag and 1 30 round mag. Do I need to go get some more? I am also shooting my AR for long range.

Both of those guns are scoped. I can't do anything about my .22 but the AR can become unscoped if needed. Does it matter?

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Henschman what time does it start each day?
We get started at 8:30 each morning.

shootermcgavin said:
I am bringing my remington .22 that has 1 10 round mag and 1 30 round mag. Do I need to go get some more? I am also shooting my AR for long range.

Both of those guns are scoped. I can't do anything about my .22 but the AR can become unscoped if needed. Does it matter?
Two mags per rifle is all you need for the courses of fire we will be running. As long as those mags feed reliably, you'll be fine.

Appleseeds are very much "run what you brung" events... we don't care about optics vs. irons, though we strongly encourage everyone to learn to shoot with iron sights. This will be a great opportunity for you to get a good zero with both types of sights on your AR.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is also HIGHLY recommended to bring a sling for any rifle you plan on shooting... the best type would be a GI web sling. 1907-type leather slings are great, too.

GI web slings can be purchased for $12.50 from the Appleseed store here: http://www.appleseedstore.flyingcart.com/
and remember, you will need 1.25" sling swivels to run this sling.

This shoot is already halfway filled up! Sign up now!

Stillhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm signed up and coming! I've been wanting to make an Appleseed shoot for a long time. Thanks!

BTW. Appleseed is sold out of the slings. Do know anyone else that sells the high quality ones?

RWVA shooter

Marksman
Reaction score
Alot of times we bring extra slings and other needed gear..Just offer us what we payed for them and it yours...I get mine at the okc and tulsa gun shows seems they run 10 to 15 bucks..dont forget to have elbow pads and a rug to lay on ....this will be a great place to come shoot with us ..I see the landowner letting us come back each month .I hope the kiddo's get out to this one might be the lastone before the schools open back up...

Sooner67

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would love to make this one ,but it looks like It might closer to fall before I can attend another Appleseed,we went to the one in Eureka,KS in April and had a great time.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want another website that carries slings, look at Numrich: http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Search.aspx?filter=m14+sling
all the slings at the bottom of that search page should be good quality surplus GI slings. I'd order an extra sling hook or 2 from them, while you're at it, so you can have one on the front end of your sling, too... a cheap, low-tech way to have a "QD" sling setup. And you know that everybody next to you on the line will want to buy one off you after they see yours! http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Search.aspx?filter=m1+sling+hook

And DEFINITELY bring the kiddos! This will be a lot of fun for them... they will even have a (nice clean) pond to play in!

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys, obviously the weather is going to be pretty hot for this shoot... if you have one of those big pop-up canopies, bring it! There is no natural shade on this range, but we are going to try to make as much of a shaded line as possible with pop-ups. Be sure to bring plenty of water, too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom