Application question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

okiejaco

Found this forum yesterday and have found a lot of good info. Going to be taking the class and getting my license this year and have a few questions.

On the part where you list arrests, how accurate do you need to be on dates? It has been over 20 years and don't really remember.

What's the best way to get the information, if it needs to be accurate?

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Approximate the date, month and year of the arrest and name the offense, list the court if you can recall it, and state that "you believe the disposition was" dismissal, deferred, reduced, etc. Don't forget to list an arrest. If you go to OSBI and pay a nominal fee they will run a record check but if you've had arrests that the check does not indicate, list them as the OSBI checks dont always show all the arrests that can be discovered during a concealed carry full record check

O

okiejaco

Sent in for a criminal background check to the OSBI. It came back saying they couldn't find anything. I had a few alcohol related arrests back in the late 80's. Anyone have an idea how far they go back for concealed carry license. Guess I will write them down as best as I can.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
List everything, as there is no time limit and juvenile also counts.
While the actual offense or conviction may not disqualify you, if they find you omitted something, THAT will disqualify the app.
The problem with records is that piece are floating around who knows where, and an arrest can show up without the disposition, for example.

O

okiejaco

I listed everything and sent it off today. I figured better safe than sorry. Seems like if it doesn't disqualify you and they can find out, it shouldn't be that big of a deal for you to list it.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree I had a couple of thing I was not sure of . I could just remember the year and not the exact dates. I wrote on a separate piece of paper what happened .Just be open and honest with them even if you don't remember the exact info. And I would go into as much detail as possible. But as state don't leave anything out. That is the sure fire way of being denied.

Latest posts

Top Bottom