Are crows considered pests?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I have to put these on the hood of a tractor. Have a crow that attacks his reflection. He tore up the wiper, the washer line and the rubber grommet around the base.
2DF842A5-8CE2-417A-86B7-2565FC996F3A.jpeg

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I've only killed one once and it was on a legal hunt at Ft Cobb a long time ago. But I was curious in general if they were good or bad.

DEPENDS

They have benefits. They can be a nuisance. They are very smart. Once shot into, very hard to get into range.

As stated, they are protected. IF protecting your harvest, nuance birds can be dealt with. Fine line.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love them. There is a murder that hangs out around here and if they are in the trees when I go out to take care of the critters they will talk to me. I have started taking treats out for them when they are around. Like I said, I enjoy their company.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love them. There is a murder that hangs out around here and if they are in the trees when I go out to take care of the critters they will talk to me. I have started taking treats out for them when they are around. Like I said, I enjoy their company.
Kaw kaw kaw, here comes that human lady again with treats, the more racket we make the more treats, what could she be thinking? Kaw kaw kaw.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
DEPENDS

They have benefits. They can be a nuisance. They are very smart. Once shot into, very hard to get into range.

As stated, they are protected. IF protecting your harvest, nuance birds can be dealt with. Fine line.

Well this is why I ask...no secret on this forum, that although I'm an old quail hunter, I don't like killing things unless it is necessary. I was feeding a 3-legged coyote until she finally disappeared. The crows are funny and they definitely are smart enough to know they are taunting the dogs. They enjoy the free corn around here; I just wanted to know the deal and now I do...thx all

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well this is why I ask...no secret on this forum, that although I'm an old quail hunter, I don't like killing things unless it is necessary. I was feeding a 3-legged coyote until she finally disappeared. The crows are funny and they definitely are smart enough to know they are taunting the dogs. They enjoy the free corn around here; I just wanted to know the deal and now I do...thx all

I've been told that if they see you as a friend they will bring you presents. I'm wanting to build a little platform off the side of the shed and start trying to get them to come and perch there while we "chat". I would never need another pet again if I could say I had a whole murder of crows as pets.

Latest posts

Top Bottom