attempting a few photos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Colors didn't turn out very good and I need more imagination in staging but here are a few that might interest some of you.

ai1036.photobucket.com_albums_a450_1mathom1_shooting_IMG_1295.jpg

ai1036.photobucket.com_albums_a450_1mathom1_shooting_657_5.jpg

ai1036.photobucket.com_albums_a450_1mathom1_shooting_IMG_1300.jpg

bcox

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm no expert but I thing the color problem is due to the picture being shot in out in the sun. I think you would be better off in under the shade of a cloud or indoors where you can control the light. If you are able to adjust the light setting play with them and take lots of pictures. There are descent free photo editting online, I play with picasa at work for easy changes, works ok.

Oh and I would set the camera on the highest resolution setting

Maybe you could use some haybales and some boots or something. less backgound more gun stuff.

This guy does excellent photos, look at how he sets them up and recreate them in western instead of tacitcal.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stickgunner/

Like the levergun

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
love the 44 mag, sure a purdy pistola...

Thanks...but.... except for the old Remington 721......they're all .41's.

Oh, and I also found where the "white balance" had been reset. I don't think I did it but may have. I'll blame it on my kid....she was taking pics with it just before I tried these.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Williams with the large aperture. FP I think but don't remember the model for sure. Not great for fine target work....but then the gun wasn't meant for that. As my eyes have gotten older, peeps work better for me than factory open and I don't like scopes on some guns. The big aperture lets me get on target quick in the brush. Factory front with the hood on.

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the color is due to an improper white balance issue. Theres nothing wrong in shooting in direct sunlight other than hard-cast shadows.

Love the lever gun!

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the confirmation on the white balance.

Yeah, that Marlin is a favorite of mine too. Really like the .41 in a lever.

Got .357 too...bit older as it is not a "safety" gun but it needs bolt work done. Been fired so many times the firing pin hole is "wallered" out and craters primers even with fairly mild .38 specials.

ArmyJohn88

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
White balance for sure, but if you do not have photoshop or a similar program to adjust it your best bet is just going to be to take them either morning or evening for softer light. You could also try to bump your aperture higher to let a bit less light in.

I like the setups for the most part and would keep with the outdoor shots for natural light. Indoors can be tricky and mess with colors, especially if you are using a flash and not bouncing it around.

Classy weapons!

Latest posts

Top Bottom