August Practical Rifle Match

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snyperc

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Next Saturday, August 7th, is the regularly scheduled Practical Rifle Match at Oil Capital Rod and Gun Club. Check in will begin at 0900, walk through will commence at 1000, and we will be shooting by 1030. Cost is $12 for non-members and $10 for members. Round count will be @70 rounds Rifle, and @30 Pistol.
There will be 5 stages total.
The weather is looking to be very hot, we will have water coolers on the stages but please be sure to bring sunscreen, appropriate clothing, and any additional drinks you would like (soft drinks are available for sale at the range).
These Matches are a great opportunity to practice your practical rifle skills. So bring a friend and join the fun.
Set up will begin at 0700 sharp in case anyone wants to come out early and help set up.
If you would like further information, please feel free to ask.
Dave

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our manager just canceled our Sat. overtime, so me and my carbine will attend. I'm anxious to empty out four thirty round mags that I've had loaded all summer, the fun way. Thanks, Dave.

Snyperc

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Another awesome Match folks! I was very happy to see the turnout and especially the newcomers. I hope each and every one of you who attended will make it a point to be at the next match on Saturday September 4th.
We will be running a Classifier as part of the Match. I really appreciate everyones helping out. I know we all loved the fact that the weather cooperated as well as it did.
The scores have been posted in the files section of the Yahoo Group (link below). I hope everyone had as much fun attending today as I did.
Thanks Again,
Dave

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OklahomaPracticalRifle/

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My friend and I are plannig to be at the October match. Just a couple of quick questions. I read the rules on the yahoo group site. Can you use magazine pouches with the bungie style retention or is it a solid flap style only. Is a standard 2 point sling fine? Last but not least are all transitions done by placing the rifle on a table then drawing your pistol?

Latest posts

Top Bottom