Back from the bodyshop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aturp

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Picked him up yesterday. Had him done at Exclusively Animals in Sapulpa, Steve did a great job!
ai445.photobucket.com_albums_qq173_aturp_photos_105_2948.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We ABSOLTULY need the story. At first glance, I thought mule deer from the right side, but after about 3 seconds, I realized what I was looking at is a great whitetail.:mosh:

aturp

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I'm not a professional scorer but I came up with 176 gross, 158 net.

I took him the Monday before thanksgiving. I got to my stand at 2 in the afternoon. About 3 I had a coyote come in on me so I whacked him with the 30/30. I figured since I just shot the coyote I would move to a different stand. I ended up going to a buddies stand since he wasn't there. I hadn't hunted there before but I thought what the heck. The stand sat in the corner of an L shaped clear-cut that is as wide as a road. Around 4 I had some does come by, I let them walk. Then around 45 min before dark I could hear a deer walking out in front of me. It seemed like it took forever but finally it stepped out 70 yards in front of me, it was a doe. Well, just about the time she made it to the other side of the clear-cut he stepped out and stopped. I was surprised because I thought there was only one deer. I went to shaking bad. I pulled up got on him and fired. The doe went about 60 yards in the direction they were walking and stopped. She was standing over there blowing and stomping. He went back the way they came from. It didn't sound like he went to far but I lost sight of him because the brush was so thick. About a minute later I hear him start walking back in the direction of the doe (those girls will get you in trouble!). I'm thinking what the heck did I miss? He steps back out into the clear-cut, this time at 40 yards and walks to the middle and stops and looks around like nothing is going on so I pull up again and fire. This time he goes down where he's standing. After I calmed down enough to climb out of the tree without falling I went over to him and looked him over, sure enough I missed the first shot. I know I missed because I was shaking so much. I was just blessed to get another chance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom