Badlands Tactical Home Defense

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MWDG3

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ever wonder how you would defend your home or loved ones if something happened? Well..BadLands has the course for you! Come join us December 5th & 6th for the HOME DEFENSE course! This course will cover the following topics and more!

1. Arenas of Combat
2. Selecting and equipping a Safe Room
3. Plans for Home Defense
4. Home danger areas
5. Selection of a Home Defensive Weapon
6. Room clearing techniques
7. Defensive tactics while moving family to safe room
8. Making contact with responding Law Enforcement
9. Practical Exercises utilizing Universal Training Munitions

NO weapon needed to attend this class. We will provide training weapons. As always, lodging is provided. Students will be responsible for their meals. Tuition for this course is $350.00. For enrollment, contact Bobby at [email protected] or call 580-585-1237. Let's share this post and get the word out!

MWDG3

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://badlandstactical.org/

Last weekend Badlands offered a new Home Defense course not yet on the schedule. No firearms were required for the two days. Instructors were Oklahoma 2015 Sheriff of the Year Bobby Whittington and DOE Federal Agent Rich Johnson. Cost was $350 including lodging.

Day one started with lecture about the five arenas of combat. Discussion involved typical information on different types of firearms homeowners expect to use in a home invasion. Most of the time was spent on subjects most of us rarely take the time to consider. Subjects like the psychological impact on the victim forced to take a human life. They spoke about their own experiences including psychological impact on family, friends and community. We also discussed legal considerations, civil vs criminal liability and impact from media. After lunch we went to the range for terminal ballistic demonstrations with typical home defense calibers and construction materials. Based on student reactions I believe this part of the class had the biggest impact on our perceptions.

Day two began back in class with lecture about strengths and weakness of home construction and design. How to develop a saferoom and plan for defense or escape during a home invasion. Then split into groups to discuss ways of hardening our residences. After lunch we ended the day with actual home invasion scenarios using simunition rounds.

This was not my first course at Badlands. Overall the curriculum was laid out well which is what I've learned to expect from this facility. All instructors are knowledgeable with the subject matter and have the people skills to transfer said knowledge. It's good to see new courses and constantly evolving existing courses. With continued facility upgrades I'm happy to see my tuition reinvested and look forward to future training opportunities at Badlands.

https://www.oklahomasheriffs.org/2015-sheriff-of-the-year/

i248.photobucket.com_albums_gg193_MWDG3_Badlands_20HD_zpsup6sv25u.jpg

i248.photobucket.com_albums_gg193_MWDG3_Badlands_20arenas_zpsqaajllkv.jpg

Terminal ballistics.

i248.photobucket.com_albums_gg193_MWDG3_Badlands_20ballistics_zpsj9namfsl.jpg

BYOB, bring your own bag!

i248.photobucket.com_albums_gg193_MWDG3_Badlands_20lodging_zpsbbl8l8by.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom