Baofeng UV-5R, Ham Radio, What can I listen in on in OKC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hooper

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because any of us with a license will refuse to talk to you without a call sign.

Licenses are stupid easy to get now, there are literally 5 year olds with tech licenses.

Also, the things you learn getting a license make the technology actually useful. Learn what bands you can actually use, how antennas work, what an offset and a PL tone is, how skip works, etc.

No actual ham will acknowledge an unlicensed pirate, you'll be talking to yourself.
I been out of CB's and Side Band for a while, but there as you probably know because of the havoc they cause, that there is a whole world of outlaw Hams out there with a lot more Radio skills than, licensed Hams,
Mexico and South America Hams used to dominate some channel frequencies back in the 80's.
I never had a license, but I tried to use Radio etiquette, but traveling up and down the Highways is where I used my Radio mostly, on channel 19,21,23 regular citizens band radio. I had Ham capabilities with some of the Radios I owned over the years, but only listened at night in different parts of the US while parked for entertainment. It is pretty cool to hear someone from Jamaica or Cuba them guys had more watts than KOMA.
I thing some of them could skip around the half the globe. How would you like to try to watch TV next to them.