Bar Owner shoots unruly patron

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

owassopilot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

870WingBlaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From reading this story and others like it, I have come to one conclusion

I hope and pray that I never have to shoot anyone no matter how stupid or crazy they are....the grilling that a person would take from peers, the media, the courts etc would suck

I'm not saying that I wouldn't, just that I hope that I don't have to

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought the owner of a business could poses weapons if he/she desired to? Or is that not true in bars?

Not sure but in this case, the owner was called and came to the bar with his weapon at that time. Don't know if that makes any difference in what you're saying or not.

MarkV

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure but in this case, the owner was called and came to the bar with his weapon at that time. Don't know if that makes any difference in what you're saying or not.

My bad. I didn't read all of the articals. I guess that could make a difference.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At this point from what I've read so far, I don't see the owner being charged. There were a ton of witnesses, all of whom were being threatened by the guy who got shot.

Unless there is something huge that hasn't been said, it sounds like we have another case of a responsible person using his firearm to protect himself and others... and that's a good thing.

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In an effort to be PC and not be chastised by some for being insensitive, I will say that it's too bad the guy lost his life and someone took it. Can be traumatic for all involved and their families.
Based soley on the news accounts posted here, it sounds to me like the shooting victim was either intoxicated or stupid... and likely both. It also appears he has a less than stellar past history.
Bar owners have the right to have firearms on the premises and here's a good example of that law working as it should.
Personally though, if you're going to act stupid, expect things like this to happen. Sounds to me like a clean shooting... given that, I hope the bar owner walks.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom