1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Baseball/Football/Hockey/Motorcycle Cards

Discussion in 'Sports' started by n423, Oct 2, 2020.

1. n423

n423 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Anybody on OSA know what to do with 4000+ cards my son collected as a kid? Most are in plastic sleeved books. From 1985-1990 so far. He says throw them away. I'm not doing that. Most sell for $1 on Ebay.

Sell on Ebay
    Take to card shop(if any shops around)
    Give to Goodwill
    Craigslist

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
  2. Snattlerake

Snattlerake Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Depends upon condition, subject, completeness of groups and rarety. Are any of them graded in a hard plastic enclosure or do they look like they have been clothespinned onto a bike frame for a motocross?

n423 likes this.
  3. n423

n423 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Majority are in plastic soft sleeve notebook. Each page holds 9 per side. I would say they just like new condition. Three boxes are opened, not sealed, which hurts value.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
  4. Gunbuffer

Gunbuffer Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Cool! A 5th year Floyd Bannister card

5. Glock 40

Glock 40 Problem Solver

Rating
    100%
    The Junk wax era is considered 87-94 so there probably isn't a ton of value in them maybe a few finds though. You just gotta spend the time looking. https://www.blowoutforums.com/ is the best forum for cards. Rookies are where the most money is. I got out of cards back in the late 80s. Then started messing with Soccer Cards a couple years ago. The card market has been explosive during covid. I started collecting soccer a couple years ago and stopped last summer. I sold about 15 cards this year and it paid for everything I bought in that 18 month period. I had some cards going for 10x what they did before covid.

As for getting rid of stuff. You can donate to childrens hospitals and other places. Check out that forum. Those guys will be able to tell you what to look for in those years or where to sell it at.

n423 likes this.
  6. n423

n423 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%

Thanks for your response. I thought about taking out the rookie cards and donating to a Childrens Hospital. Prolly what I will do, not a lot of value. I will ask him again before I donate.

7. EKing

EKing Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I checked that website out, it's a busy site! Lots of new acronyms and phrases those guys use, I don't know what they are talking about.
    I too have some cards I want to let go and found a card show this weekend at the Holiday Inn in OKC. Do you think it would be worth the trip to haul some of my complete year sets up there to try to sell?

8. Glock 40

Glock 40 Problem Solver

Rating
    100%
    @EKing No idea I haven't been to show since I was a kid. Most everything now is done via Ebay, Instagram, Facebook and the forum I listed. Only one or two cards stores in Tulsa and OKC that I know of.

9. Gunbuffer

Gunbuffer Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I should tell the story of how I traded half my collection for a 64 Pete Rose and then left it on the top of my dads car as we left the card show

coolhandluke likes this.
  10. Glock 'em down

Glock 'em down Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    98.1%
    This one? :laughup:

[​IMG]

Gunbuffer likes this.