Bass Pro is stupid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow what a savings NOT.
I find 99% of what I want from there is higher than I can get it somewhere else.
I get an e mail "save Nikon on scopes".
https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/nikon-buckmasters-ii-rifle-scope
Sale.
Nikon Buckmaster II rifle scope
starting at $129.97

Regular price starting at $129.99

FU bass pro for thinking We are idiots.

GunSlingingPlatypus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bass Pro/Cabela's caters to the uniformed/uneducated when it comes to firearms, accessories, and most things. Any savvy shopper can find most items sold at the stores much cheaper elsewhere. Bass Pro/Cabela's is relying on the "experience" within their stores.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read it but did not click on anything.
But when i did it showed the 3-9 same price 129.99 but the 4-12 is 129.97 a drop in price from 149.99

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow what a savings NOT.
I find 99% of what I want from there is higher than I can get it somewhere else.
I get an e mail "save Nikon on scopes".
https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/nikon-buckmasters-ii-rifle-scope
Sale.
Nikon Buckmaster II rifle scope
starting at $129.97

Regular price starting at $129.99

FU bass pro for thinking We are idiots.
Most of the BASS PRO chops are bases on a profit sharing system either percentage of sales of profits for the duration of the store. Most o the time they don’t pay for the property the city will build it for the profit sharing agreement

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I rarely go there though I did buy a lockbox for my car. Only reason I went was I wanted to eat at Uncle Bucks. And I figured it was a "safe" place to carry for the first time. The lockbox was an impulse buy. It was only $20 bucks (won't keep out a prepared thief, but someone just breaking into my car won't get it). But I agree that everything you get there you can get cheaper elsewhere. Ammo is usually at "best" $1-2 higher than wal-mart and academy. Firearms? Academy beats them by almost $100 bucks (I'm looking to get a PX4 9mm compact now, its $479 at Academy and $569 at Bass Pro).

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I live in a one horse town with wallyworld being my only resource for sporting goods. There is 10' of shooting stuff and 30' of fishing stuff that no fisherman would buy if you've been out more than once.
Internet shopping with the state sales tax applied and shipping negates any savings, so when I go to the big cities, I'll usually try Academy first, and then BP or Cabellas to get what I want. It's on the shelf and available to buy. If it's 10-20% more expensive, I don't' care. I own it.
I want my stuff and want it now. I can put my hands on it and judge the quality vs shipping it back if I don't.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, try this one. Looking for a holster at Cabellas. I asked the counter guy if I could bring my gun in to test fit into the holster. He didn't know I had it concealed carry. I went to my car, took off the holster and gun, unloaded and brought the gun back into the store inside a factory gun box. He meets me at the door and slips on a gun lock onto the trigger which he will not take off while it's in the store.